Scratching some itches of people who used and liked GReader

Support requests, bug reports, etc. go here. Dedicated servers / VDS hosting only
fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Re: Scratching some itches of people who used and liked GRea

Postby fox » 16 Mar 2013, 01:18

Maybe delete everything archived (e.g. feed_id is null) before processing. With a warning.

nic
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby nic » 16 Mar 2013, 01:49

btw, Fox, since we got your attention concerning published articles: I always patch my tt-rss instance to not purge articles with published=true. Could that feature become part of the main trunk (I could provide a pull request)?

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Postby fox » 16 Mar 2013, 10:42

nic
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby nic » 16 Mar 2013, 22:08

Thanks. I didn't see that, only the one where someone proposed the patch. But for me starred and published shouldn't be mixed. I'll continue patching.

Andyt8
Bear Rating Disaster
Bear Rating Disaster

Postby Andyt8 » 20 Mar 2013, 15:09

I don't know exactly how it work? I have here a .json file from Google Reader.

Also Tiny Tiny RSS 1.7.4 with added XML file from Google Reader. I have no python, so I see the php code above. How does that work? Do I need do run it one time must be the .json file in the same directory?

Please for help.

nic
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby nic » 20 Mar 2013, 15:30

Did you read the README?

Every PC should have Python, so you should be able to generate the SQL on your local computer.

The PHP code above is about something else, which should be clear if you read the previous messages. But if you read anything, just read the README that I wrote and then ask a specific question.

nic
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby nic » 20 Mar 2013, 15:35

The README (and the python script) are here: https://github.com/nhoening/gritttt-rss ... der-import

Andyt8
Bear Rating Disaster
Bear Rating Disaster

Postby Andyt8 » 20 Mar 2013, 18:05

Ok, big thanks. I thought Python needs to be on the Webserver. I was able to run the script and create the sql file. Also import to TT-RSS was successful.

Your link was really nice. It give me the last note to understand all. First time on github, I was confused und didn't found the correct way. Don't know why it was in that way, before I asked my question.

krosseyed
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby krosseyed » 27 Mar 2013, 23:15

I have used the import.py tool, and had one starred item before the import of about 2000 Google Reader starred/favorite articles.

The one starred item is missing from the starred section in TT-RSS, and I cannot add new starred items. However the import seems to be successful.

Is there a way to clean this up? Or will i have to trash and start over?

nic
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby nic » 28 Mar 2013, 01:23

I haven't had this issue, so I'm not sure what's wrong in your installation. Specifically, how could inserting data in your database destroy functionality ("I cannot add new starred items")? Most likely, something with the dates or the sorting is messed up. That means, you probably have your old and the new starred items, but you can't see them.

krosseyed
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby krosseyed » 28 Mar 2013, 01:34

Nic, This is what I am visually seeing:

Before Import:

After Import:

After the GReader Starred item import, I can still search for new favorites from the individual feeds as a workaround. But I would like to have one spot for all my favorites/starred items.

Let me know if there is there any other information I can provide to help with troubleshooting. And thank you for your time!

Also, I can log in to phpMyAdmin and find the articles, they just dont show up under the /tt-rss site.

nic
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby nic » 28 Mar 2013, 02:01

Not sure what to do with the screenshots tbh. But - now I do remember having a similar issue (it was a year ago that I did my import). Not sure if it was the same. And I can for the life of me not remember what I actually did about it. I think I fixed something in the import script back then, so that is probably not of help for you right now. A friend of mine also saw something with sorting (but not after importing, just after updating the tt-rss version). I can ask him what he did.

In the meantime, if I were you, I'd try to deduce what makes the imported articles different to the newer ones. I'd look in phpMyAdmin, starting with the date.

krosseyed
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby krosseyed » 28 Mar 2013, 02:13

Also, I am the least observant person in the world. I figured out where the imported items go, They ended up in my 'Archived articles' folder. That was an unexpected outcome, or I did not RTFM.

This still does not solve my problem of showing starred items from new feeds on the global starred items list under the /tt-rss site.

The only thing I see is the Archived articles that have been starred in the global starred articles list. The pictures are still relevant to the problem I suppose.

I have been reverse engineering this issue, and will do a trip report once something comes up.

krosseyed
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby krosseyed » 28 Mar 2013, 02:38

nic
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby nic » 28 Mar 2013, 12:39

So how do the dates differ? Or is it the sorting?

If it is the dates, maybe the timezone on your machine that runs tt-rss is off?

Return to “Support”