[1.6.0] Cron job fails with HTML output

Support requests, bug reports, etc. go here. Dedicated servers / VDS hosting only
miqrogroove
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Re: [1.6.0] Cron job fails with HTML output

Postby miqrogroove » 24 Mar 2013, 22:09

If you add it correctly from cPanel it will email you. You will need to get BlueHost support if it does nothing. Whenever I mess up a cron, an error gets emailed to me.

Aldursil
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master

Postby Aldursil » 24 Mar 2013, 22:15

Looks like I need to talk to support then. I just added a cron job to test that the emails were working and I got an email for the second job but not the one to update the feeds. Unfortunately I am not too confident they will know how to fix this. ;)

jasminebanks
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby jasminebanks » 28 Mar 2013, 01:13

Please note that >/dev/null 2>&1 cancels email sending per the instructional text on cPanel cron jobs "Email" section. So if you're copying and pasting the command as it is displayed in this thread, I believe no email will be sent.

jasminebanks
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby jasminebanks » 28 Mar 2013, 02:25

You may also try explicitly executing the php version you're using (I have php5.4 installed on my bluehost account):
cd /home/user/public_html/tt-rss && /usr/php/54/usr/bin/php -d register_argc_argv=On -f /home/user/public_html/tt-rss/update.php -- --feeds.

bgrimm
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby bgrimm » 28 Mar 2013, 02:29

Aldursil wrote:This works for me from the command line but when I put this into a cron job it does not work. Do you have an idea on how to get this to work in a cron job? I set the cron job to email me the output and I never received an email. I did take off the ">/dev/null 2>&1" from the end of the command as well.

Same to me. As I need to use a cron job instead of command line I had to start the cronjob with: http://mydomain.org/update.php --feeds
Am I right?

But this does not work for me.

Thank you

Bernd

Return to “Support”