tinytiny rss does not find config.php

Support requests, bug reports, etc. go here. Dedicated servers / VDS hosting only
Tom555
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

tinytiny rss does not find config.php

Postby Tom555 » 14 Mar 2013, 14:33

Hi,

i installed tinytiny rss on my webspace, fixed all problems, which have been shown on first run (open basedir and safemode) and now i always get the following message when i try to run it :

Fatal Error: You forgot to copy config.php-dist to config.php and edit it.

But the config.php is definitely here. I even inserted echo getcwd() . "\n"; to print out the working directory and the config.php file is edited and its there definitely. Why tinytiny could not find it ? I have no ideas left.

I would appreciate if someone has an idea to fix that.

Regards
Tom

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Re: tinytiny rss does not find config.php

Postby fox » 14 Mar 2013, 15:01

That's strange. So getcwd() in index.php for example shows correct directory but it's stll not found? Maybe it's an include path issue. You can try adding dirname(__FILE__) to include path, e.g.

Code: Select all

set_include_path(dirname(__FILE__) ."/include" . PATH_SEPARATOR .
      dirname(__FILE__) . PATH_SEPARATOR .
      get_include_path());

Which might help. Try with index.php first, if it helps you'll need to add it to a few more files.

Tom555
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby Tom555 » 14 Mar 2013, 16:13

Thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately your example does not change anything, still the config.php file is not found. And yes, when i add getcwd() in the index file inside of the check, it shows the correct path to the file and it is still not found.Its a real strange problem.

index.php starts like this :

Code: Select all

<?php
   if (!file_exists("config.php")) {
      print "<b>Fatal Error</b>: You forgot to copy
      <b>config.php-dist</b> to <b>config.php</b> and edit it.\n";
      exit;
   }

set_include_path(dirname(__FILE__) ."/include" . PATH_SEPARATOR .
   get_include_path());

and it does not even come to any include, it is stoping directly at the if(!file_exists

fox

Postby fox » 14 Mar 2013, 16:27

Ah, indeed. Try moving the set_include_path() above that.

fox

Postby fox » 14 Mar 2013, 16:28

Also, safe mode does GUID checking, make sure you actually disabled it or ownership on index.php and config.php matches.

Edit: Can you post include_path from your php.ini?

Tom555
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby Tom555 » 14 Mar 2013, 16:34

When i copy it before the sanity check, it also has no effect. Safe Mode is deactivated.

I don't have access to my php.ini, unfortunately its a webhoster server where i actualy only have a webspace.

Tom555
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby Tom555 » 14 Mar 2013, 18:04

Ok, i think i know whats the problem. Open Basedir restriction is no longer available to be turned off, but the administrators did not remove the option in the config panel. I enabled errors for php and then this is shown:

Warning: require_once(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/html/web327/html/news/include/sessions.php) is not within the allowed path(s):

Is there any possibility to run it with open basedir restriction turned on ?

fox

Postby fox » 14 Mar 2013, 18:15

I'm afraid not unless you can somehow force it to allow tt-rss to load its various parts. I'm not familiar with open_basedir, unfortunately.

Tom555
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby Tom555 » 14 Mar 2013, 18:24

:cry:

That nerving webhoster. I installed it once there and it worked but now they seem to have activated open_basedir in general. Thank you for your help. I will try to talk my webhoster into removing the restriction.

Tom555
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby Tom555 » 14 Mar 2013, 18:58

Ok, i managed to urge my webhoster to deactivate open basedir for a subdomain. Now i use this subdomain for tinytiny reader. Now it worksperfect unitl i try to add a new feed. I always get :

Couldn't download the specified URL: file_get_contents(http://www.heise.de/mac-and-i/news-atom.xml): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found

Any Idea ? I tried various formats of RSS Feeds but all give me this message

Tom555
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby Tom555 » 14 Mar 2013, 19:05

Ok, i found the problem. They deactivated open_basedir for another subdomain. I think i should change the webhoster :)

Thanks for all the help.

marrco
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby marrco » 14 Mar 2013, 20:18

I had the same problems today when i first tried tt-rss. First issue was just a bad error message. Problem was with permissions, i had to chmod/chown the directories and everything worked fine. I still don't know minimum permissions required, but at least i got thru the first error

second issue, open_basedir. I will definitely NOT remove that php limit. It's basic security to have that set. So i just removed the check from include/sanity_check.php and i got past that issue too. It's too dangerous not to have open_basedir on a live server, better to remove the check and hope tt-rss will still work.

Than i had to enable (per site) php.ini config with allow_url_fopen = On just and now everything is almost ok

i still have a few problems (i look into it next week) one about automatic feed updates. Not working out of the box if you want to keep a secure setup. And the fact that part of my imported feeds don't load. I guess because some are in atom and not rss.

fox

Postby fox » 14 Mar 2013, 20:49

>better to remove the check and hope tt-rss will still work.

I forgot again what exactly is broken by this, but it's something sufficiently obscure so you might not ever encounter it. The check is there because I got tired of dealing with bugreports on the subject.

>second issue, open_basedir. I will definitely NOT remove that php limit. It's basic security to have that set.

This is shall I say debatable.

fox

Postby fox » 14 Mar 2013, 21:21

Going by the forum, open_basedir breaks CURL redirects. So if you are not running CURL you should be fine (unless there's something else). If you are, though, expect breakage.

marrco
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby marrco » 14 Mar 2013, 22:05

thx fox, i am still learning how tt-rss works, so i don't know (yet) where curl is used. The only thing that comes to mind is that curl might use a tmp dir, outside you website root, and that can be easily fixed just adding a :/tmp/ to base_opendir. In fact i already did that trying to fix setup issues.

Btw, when i said i had the same problem and solved changing files ownership and permission, was about the "You forgot to copy config.php-dist to config.php and edit it" error.

do you know the answer to the other issue, how to enable/view/update atom feeds?

Return to “Support”