[git] Mobile site not working?

Support requests, bug reports, etc. go here. Dedicated servers / VDS hosting only
fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Re: [git] Mobile site not working?

Postby fox » 26 Mar 2013, 18:11

Also, digest could be updated with a smartphone-specific css. It's not the same as classic mobile/ but eh.

fox

Postby fox » 26 Mar 2013, 18:57

levito
Bear Rating Disaster
Bear Rating Disaster

Postby levito » 26 Mar 2013, 21:34

fox wrote:Also, digest could be updated with a smartphone-specific css. It's not the same as classic mobile/ but eh.

This looks nice! Your recent change on github perfectly replaces the old mobile view. Would be really nice if we could get categories in there, just like mboinet's jQuery mobile app. Or, if his app could load more articles.

I personally would prefer the digest plugin way since I don't like the rather slow jQuery mobile very much.

If you can find a way to have categories in the digest view, I'd like to tune the frontend!

fox

Postby fox » 26 Mar 2013, 21:52

>Would be really nice if we could get categories in there

I really don't want to make digest any more complex, it's simplistic by design.

levito
Bear Rating Disaster
Bear Rating Disaster

Postby levito » 26 Mar 2013, 22:03

fox wrote:>I really don't want to make digest any more complex, it's simplistic by design.

Okay... But this might break some users' workflow.

I for example have dozens of feeds grouped in a few categories. I like to read the categories rather than the individual feeds.

So I use the Android app which does that well. I think the mobile web view should do the same. Maybe this is something for mboinet's client then.

fox

Postby fox » 26 Mar 2013, 22:28

Yeah, more complicated stuff should be handled by other means. Digest is the light UI for casual reading, it's not for everyone.

Also, classic mobile is back, so...

ebell451
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby ebell451 » 27 Mar 2013, 06:46

Awe... Thanks fox! :roll:

lyallp
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby lyallp » 27 Mar 2013, 13:40

I did follow up on installing ttrss-mobile and thought I would list the steps I took to get things working.

Assuming that <<tt-rss-home>> is the installation directory of tt-rss, in my case, my local server is in /var/www/localhost/tt-rss, adjust to suit your circumstances.
  • download the zip archive from https://github.com/mboinet/ttrss-mobile
  • Extract this archive into <<tt-rss-home>>/mobile
  • Move the contents of <<tt-rss-home>>/mobile/ttrss-mobile-master/ folder up one level into <<tt-rss-home>>/mobile and delete the <<tt-rss-home>>/mobile/ttrss-mobile-master directory
  • Edit the <<tt-rss-home>>/mobile/conf.js to suit your configuration, in my case
    • window.apiPath="/";
    • window.webappPath="/mobile/";
  • Edit <<tt-rss-home>>/index.php line 39 and change 'index.php' to 'index.html'
  • Upload to your hosting provider
  • Users must enable the API using the Preferences when using the full browser version.
  • Browse to your tt-rss using your mobile browser.

justauser
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master

Postby justauser » 27 Mar 2013, 17:32

The index.html for the mobile site is pulling backbone and underscore from a web site/cdn. Any reason for not including these files in the distribution as you do things like jquery. If I go directly to cloudfare in my browser I get a popup from my AV software about a virus.

raindog469
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby raindog469 » 29 Mar 2013, 03:15

JcTux wrote:
levito wrote:On the other hand, Matthieu's mobile web app seems pretty nice. You could include that as a git submodule. Maybe this could even be made tablet friendly and replace the digest plugin.

It is true it's nice.
But it displays only 10 articles (per category). I don't see where I can change this parameter.
For now, it's not usable for me.

I changed

Code: Select all

limit:          10

to

Code: Select all

limit:          100

on line 182 of main.js, and now it displays 100 articles instead of 10. On my 2-year-old phone the load time is not perceptibly slower after the change (keeping in mind that jquery mobile will never be that fast to begin with).

A pref would be better, obviously, but right now I'm just experimenting a lot to get the desktop and new mobile interfaces where I like them.

levito wrote:I for example have dozens of feeds grouped in a few categories. I like to read the categories rather than the individual feeds.

So I use the Android app which does that well. I think the mobile web view should do the same. Maybe this is something for mboinet's client then.

mboinet's web client already does this (at least in the version I installed from his thread). You just have to tap "All" after entering a category. I have close to 500 feeds in 24 categories, so there's really no other option for me.

Return to “Support”