"Special" Folder

Support requests, bug reports, etc. go here. Dedicated servers / VDS hosting only
qubix
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

"Special" Folder

Postby qubix » 29 Mar 2013, 06:56

I really hope this is the correct avenue to ask this question, and in advance, I appreciate any advice.

I'm sure like a ton of the new installs, I'm an ex-google reader user, and now I'm loving... LOVING everything about Tiny Tiny RSS. Everything about TTRSS puts google reader to shame, and that's a fact.

So now to my question. Inside the "Special" folder, the "All articles, Fresh articles, Starred articles, etc" those items always stayed active in google reader. I have the option "hide read feeds". And the special folder sometimes doesn't reappear when I have new items.

Is there a way to make that folder _alway_ stay active?

Thanks again.

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Re: "Special" Folder

Postby fox » 29 Mar 2013, 08:43

I think there was an option to keep special feeds always visible.

qubix
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby qubix » 29 Mar 2013, 09:11

I see.

I do have mine checked. "Show special feeds when hiding read feeds".

But it doesn't actually stay. Just to be on the safe side, I unchecked it. Exited preferences. Special was still missing. I re-enabled it, exited preferences, and the special folder is still gone.

The only way I can bring it back is, each time I login, I have to toggle "Hide read feeds", and even then it's hit or miss.

I can show screen shots, if you need? And please don't think this is some super major issue, I'm more than pleased, but, when that special folder is gone it's just weird. Like I said I'm a ex-google reader user, so the "feel" just throws me off. But either way, bug or no bug, I love this :)

Thanks again.

fox

Postby fox » 29 Mar 2013, 09:15

I think another guy had this same problem, but I don't remember how that ended exactly. I did some other tweaking on the feedlist for 1.7.6 which could theoretically also fix this thing, but I'm not sure.

qubix
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby qubix » 29 Mar 2013, 09:17

:) I can wait it out, it's not that big of a deal. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my question, and if it's not solved after the next release, I'll just repost here? But again no big deal. Thanks again.

cy8aer
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master

Postby cy8aer » 29 Mar 2013, 17:57

That was me: clean up the cookies (maybe the cache) and try again (Fox: I had the problem twice. And for the second time I only cleaned the cookies and that did the job).

Aldursil
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master

Postby Aldursil » 29 Mar 2013, 18:32

I've had this happen for quite awhile as well. to get the "Specials" folder to show up I have to go to Preferences click the "(Un)hide read feeds" expand Specials and then click "(Un)hide read feeds" again to get rid of empty categories. The next time I log in I have to do it again.

fox

Postby fox » 29 Mar 2013, 18:49

Maybe it's dojo corrupting its state cookies somehow. Jeez.

So this happens on trunk or what?

Aldursil
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master

Postby Aldursil » 29 Mar 2013, 18:58

This is currently happening for me in 1.7.5. I think it was also happening in 1.7.4 but I cannot be sure about that. I could install 1.7.4 later tonight and test it if you like.

qubix
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby qubix » 29 Mar 2013, 22:05

cy8aer wrote:That was me: clean up the cookies (maybe the cache) and try again (Fox: I had the problem twice. And for the second time I only cleaned the cookies and that did the job).

I just erased my cookies, and it didn't change anything, except now the special folder is ONLY visible when I view all folders, or I don't have "Hide read" marked.

nihplod
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby nihplod » 05 Apr 2013, 10:45

I am having the opposite problem, my Special category is always visible even though i unchecked the "Show special when hiding read feeds"
I would like to hide it completly. But i can always see

Special
- All Articles
- Fresh Articles

Return to “Support”