Anacron issue for update !

Support requests, bug reports, etc. go here. Dedicated servers / VDS hosting only
vincen
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Anacron issue for update !

Postby vincen » 21 Apr 2013, 13:08

Hi,

I'm running with success Tiny Tiny RSS on my dedicated instance at Gandi but I have a little issue. On these instances I have only access to anacron, but anacron smaller interval is one hour ! I'd like feeds to update every 15 mins. How can I run the update script from outside with a remote cron ? as the update script needs at least the argument --feeds but you can't pass argument if you call the URL (mydomain/update.php --feeds) as it contains a space. An idea how to resolve that issue ? excepted change of hosting ;)

Thanks,

Vincèn

feader
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master

Re: Anacron issue for update !

Postby feader » 21 Apr 2013, 14:40

If you had carefully read the FAQ, you'd know what answer you have to expect from fox.

However – it might be possible if you can login to your hoster via ssh and then execute update.php. Or an even longer shot: You could try to update the remote db with a local instance of ttRSS.

AngryChris
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master

Postby AngryChris » 22 Apr 2013, 00:55

Run this script once an hour from anacron:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh
for i in 1 2 3 ; do
    update.php --feeds
    sleep 900
done

Edit as appropriate for your hosting provider (e.g.; /bin/bash) and the path to the update script (e.g.; /var/www/tt-rss/update.php) . It will run at the top of the hour and sleep for 15 minutes. It will run at a quarter past and sleep 15 more minutes. It will run at the bottom of the hour and go back to sleep. It will run at a quarter till the hour and exit. At the top of the hour, anacron will restart it.

You can call the script whatever you want and put it where ever you want. Just run it once an hour from your crontab in anacron.

vincen
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby vincen » 22 Apr 2013, 08:57

Thanks a lot, it's perfect, exactly what I needed :)

AngryChris wrote:Run this script once an hour from anacron:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh
for i in 1 2 3 ; do
    update.php --feeds
    sleep 900
done

Edit as appropriate for your hosting provider (e.g.; /bin/bash) and the path to the update script (e.g.; /var/www/tt-rss/update.php) . It will run at the top of the hour and sleep for 15 minutes. It will run at a quarter past and sleep 15 more minutes. It will run at the bottom of the hour and go back to sleep. It will run at a quarter till the hour and exit. At the top of the hour, anacron will restart it.
You can call the script whatever you want and put it where ever you want. Just run it once an hour from your crontab in anacron.

Return to “Support”