How to publish tt-rss feed on my website?

Support requests, bug reports, etc. go here. Dedicated servers / VDS hosting only
Noksu
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

How to publish tt-rss feed on my website?

Postby Noksu » 23 Apr 2013, 00:24

Anyone knows how can I synchronise and publish/share tt-rss feed on my WordPress website? I would like to publish same feed that I have setup and filtered on my tt-rss application to my WordPress web site for everyone to see. Also the feed would need to update real time when the website is loaded.

hfdragon
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Re: How to publish tt-rss feed on my website?

Postby hfdragon » 23 Apr 2013, 13:11

For this, set up a plugin on your Wordpress powered site, like FeedWordpress, and have it point to your tt-rss feed...

rolfkleef
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby rolfkleef » 23 Apr 2013, 18:00

I simply use the standard RSS widget of Wordpress. The default cache lifetime is 12 hours, so I added to functions.php in my theme:

// Let the RSS Feed Widget update its content after 10 minutes (default is 12 hours)
add_filter( 'wp_feed_cache_transient_lifetime', create_function('$a', 'return 600;') );

It won't import the rss feed items into Wordpress (FeedWordpress does that)

nic
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby nic » 23 Apr 2013, 20:27

For all non-wordpress use-cases (or even in Wordpress, not sure if that is an option for some people), I'll just point to a javascript widget I made for myself to share my published tt-rss feed: https://github.com/nhoening/gritttt-rss ... red-widget

Return to “Support”