Open in new window backend.php

Support requests, bug reports, etc. go here. Dedicated servers / VDS hosting only
attsvew
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Open in new window backend.php

Postby attsvew » 22 May 2013, 19:54

Hello,
I've searched, but can't seem to find the answer.
Whenever I try to open a new article in a new window using the keyboard shortcut, instead of opening the article, it opens the following
http://<mywebsite>/ttrss/backend.php?op=article&method=redirect&id=3172
I upgraded from 1.7.8 to 1.7.9 this morning. This issue started after the upgrade and occurs in Firefox and Chrome.
Any idea what might be causing this and how to fix it?

Thanks.

edit:
Fixed. I copied some plugins from the previous version. Removing them fixed the issue. Will now wait for the plugins to be updated since I don't know how to repair plugins.

phz
Bear Rating Disaster
Bear Rating Disaster

Re: Open in new window backend.php

Postby phz » 23 May 2013, 10:26

What plugins?

TT-RSS has to my knowledge always opened links in the form you described (definitely in 1.7.8 as well) — but those links are supposed to redirect you to the correct page. If that does not happen, it seems like redirection is broken on your installation. It could be a browser problem (but unlikely if it happens on two separate ones), a web server problem, perhaps a cache problem (residuals of the old installation remaining in the browser cache), an incomplete/otherwise failed TT-RSS upgrade, etc.

Return to “Support”