Twitter RSS Feeds

Support requests, bug reports, etc. go here. Dedicated servers / VDS hosting only
frzguida
Bear Rating Disaster
Bear Rating Disaster

Re: Twitter RSS Feeds

Postby frzguida » 24 Jul 2013, 13:47

Hi,

how can i prevent general user to use my domain to connect to twitter using this script?

explain better:
If you know the address of the script (ex: http://mydomain.com/twitter-to-rss/?screen_name=xxxxxxx) you can call it from everywhere and everyone can use my server to get rss on twitter, instead I want just I can call the script. (for example running just from update.php that locally run on server).

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Postby fox » 24 Jul 2013, 13:55

Please don't post stupid questions to KB.

craywolf
Mr. Awesome

Postby craywolf » 24 Jul 2013, 14:21

frzguida wrote:how can i prevent general user to use my domain to connect to twitter using this script?

.htaccess

This isn't the forum for Apache help, though, so if you need more help you should probably find an Apache help forum or at least post over in the Everything Else section of this forum.

sleeper_service
Bear Rating Overlord
Bear Rating Overlord

Postby sleeper_service » 19 Mar 2016, 06:21

sleeper_service wrote:
jdelamater99 wrote:
reibuehl wrote:Is it possible with this script to "resolve" shortened URLs and embed pictures if the link points to a picture in a twitter feed?
.I'll look into this when I get a chance.
yes please!

Well, after not seeing any updates for quite some time, I decided to take matters into my own hand, and rewrote part of the script so that it would fetch embedded pictures.

then I thought "well, maybe someone else would be interested in my changes, and started to look into doing a pull request to get the changes into the main code.... at which point I found this:

https://github.com/stefansundin/twitter-rss.php.git

which is a derivative work of jdelamater99's code. I also fixed it so it didn't put the whole tweet in the title.. always thought that a bit silly.

I made a couple changes to it, renamed the .php program to index.php so that the calling url could be shorter.

it does require PDO and PDOsqlite be added to php, but it seems to work well, and expands not only static pics, but links to video, and resolves other embedded links to whatever the real link is, so you don't have to click through twitter each time.

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Postby fox » 20 Mar 2016, 11:35

fwiw i'm using this which is admittedly very barebones, it doesn't depend on anything tho: http://pastebin.com/CQVPXLiC

500kilohertz
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby 500kilohertz » 20 Mar 2016, 13:27

@sleeper_service

I have tried twitter-rss from your link and I only get the tweets I have written. How can I get my timeline?
Did you publish your changes somewhere?

sleeper_service
Bear Rating Overlord
Bear Rating Overlord

Postby sleeper_service » 20 Mar 2016, 21:48

500kilohertz wrote:@sleeper_service

I have tried twitter-rss from your link and I only get the tweets I have written. How can I get my timeline?
Did you publish your changes somewhere?

do you get a kick reading your own tweets?

I don't know, how can you get your own timeline?

no, I didn't.

nameless
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master

Postby nameless » 21 Mar 2016, 01:05

I suppose by timeline he is referring to his subscriptions.
But then again what do I know I tend to avoid twitter.

Return to “Support”