Twitter RSS Feeds

Support requests, bug reports, etc. go here. Dedicated servers / VDS hosting only
jdelamater99
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master
Posts: 109
Joined: 11 Apr 2013, 17:45

Re: Twitter RSS Feeds

Postby jdelamater99 » 19 Jun 2013, 04:36

I don't think it supports lists, but I'll add it.

jdelamater99
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master
Posts: 109
Joined: 11 Apr 2013, 17:45

Re: Twitter RSS Feeds

Postby jdelamater99 » 19 Jun 2013, 08:09

v.7, now with Twitter list support.

Also, fixed a bug where certain characters in the title could break the feed.
Shortened link resolving will be coming, but is a much more in depth edit than this, so it got pushed back for the "low hanging fruit".

https://github.com/jdelamater99/Twitter-RSS-Parser

User avatar
sleeper_service
Bear Rating Overlord
Bear Rating Overlord
Posts: 884
Joined: 30 Mar 2013, 23:50
Location: Dallas, Texas

Re: Twitter RSS Feeds

Postby sleeper_service » 19 Jun 2013, 08:58

jdelamater99 wrote:v.7, now with Twitter list support.

Also, fixed a bug where certain characters in the title could break the feed.
Shortened link resolving will be coming, but is a much more in depth edit than this, so it got pushed back for the "low hanging fruit".

https://github.com/jdelamater99/Twitter-RSS-Parser


can we get a 7.1? ;)

i just cloned the new version, and think that the config.php file should be renamed to config.php-dist, so that it won't cause me trouble with my local keys.

also, your readme.pm on the git page is old, predating the splitting up of things as it is now, so the instrucions therein are a bit confusing, referencing the old method.

jdelamater99
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master
Posts: 109
Joined: 11 Apr 2013, 17:45

Re: Twitter RSS Feeds

Postby jdelamater99 » 19 Jun 2013, 09:48

Updated :)

sandebert
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee
Posts: 5
Joined: 27 Mar 2013, 18:42

Re: Twitter RSS Feeds

Postby sandebert » 19 Jun 2013, 13:03

Hi,

Would it be possible to make a real plugin of this?

Perhaps I could just use the web address for a profile (such as http://twitter.com/0xabad1dea) and the plugin would extract the username and do it's magic? I don't know how complete the plugin system is, but best guess is it contains enough hooks to do something like that. What do you think?

Just a thought, it wouldn't make a huge difference, but perhaps make the solution a bit more "tidy".

Thanks,
Fredrik

twitterfan
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee
Posts: 9
Joined: 13 Jun 2013, 01:58

Re: Twitter RSS Feeds

Postby twitterfan » 19 Jun 2013, 15:18

Hello,

I have never used TT-RSS. I even don´t know what it is :-) I just realized, that the RSS-Feed of Twitter stopped working and I searched for a solution using Google Search. So I found this forum and this code which should help.

And it helped. The feeds are showing up in my Wordpress Widget, but the links are messed up. When using the iPhone or iPad and clicking on a link it works. When using any browser on my desktop-pc, they do not. They all lead to an error "not found"-site on twitter.

So what is the solution for this?

The plugin is nothing else than a widget that pulls all these RSS-Feeds... what works... but the links are wrong.

twitterfan
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee
Posts: 9
Joined: 13 Jun 2013, 01:58

Re: Twitter RSS Feeds

Postby twitterfan » 19 Jun 2013, 15:22

Hmm. I do not know why, but now it works. I did not change anything. Maybe Twitter changed something.

jdelamater99
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master
Posts: 109
Joined: 11 Apr 2013, 17:45

Re: Twitter RSS Feeds

Postby jdelamater99 » 19 Jun 2013, 16:10

twitterfan wrote:Hmm. I do not know why, but now it works. I did not change anything. Maybe Twitter changed something.


Voodoo.

If it breaks again, try adding &test to the URL to see if the output is throwing an error.
your_URL_here/path_to_twitter_parser?screen_name=XXXXXX&count=YYYYYY&test

jdelamater99
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master
Posts: 109
Joined: 11 Apr 2013, 17:45

Re: Twitter RSS Feeds

Postby jdelamater99 » 19 Jun 2013, 16:18

sandebert wrote:Hi,

Would it be possible to make a real plugin of this?

Perhaps I could just use the web address for a profile (such as http://twitter.com/0xabad1dea) and the plugin would extract the username and do it's magic? I don't know how complete the plugin system is, but best guess is it contains enough hooks to do something like that. What do you think?

Just a thought, it wouldn't make a huge difference, but perhaps make the solution a bit more "tidy".

Thanks,
Fredrik


I haven't created a plugin before, but I'll consider it.

Mies
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee
Posts: 2
Joined: 19 Jun 2013, 19:36

Re: Twitter RSS Feeds

Postby Mies » 19 Jun 2013, 19:41

Hello,

Just registered to say thank you so much for creating this script. I have a lot of twitter feeds I follow and was all up in arms when the old Twitter Api was discontinued. This was easy enough to set up!

Off course I have one question too. I am or now was sheelding my TT-RSS install with an Apache .htaccess and .htpasswd file. When having that in place the request to the Twitter parser script doesn't work as Apache will under water request a password. Anyone have ideas how to work around that?

Thanks again!

Mies

jdelamater99
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master
Posts: 109
Joined: 11 Apr 2013, 17:45

Re: Twitter RSS Feeds

Postby jdelamater99 » 19 Jun 2013, 20:24

Does it work if you put the script in the protected folder? Or maybe put it outside the protected folder.

Those are just guesses. An Apache specific forum might be more useful for your .htaccess authorization question.

lbb
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee
Posts: 7
Joined: 18 Jun 2013, 20:30

Re: Twitter RSS Feeds

Postby lbb » 19 Jun 2013, 20:40

I guess that is exactly what the "Authentication" setting is for in the feed settings? Enter your name and password there that you use for the protected site.

Another thing: Is anyone missing a lot of tweets too? Only those that start with "@somename". It seems to be a twitter issue though https://dev.twitter.com/discussions/17106

User avatar
sleeper_service
Bear Rating Overlord
Bear Rating Overlord
Posts: 884
Joined: 30 Mar 2013, 23:50
Location: Dallas, Texas

Re: Twitter RSS Feeds

Postby sleeper_service » 19 Jun 2013, 23:12

Mies wrote:Off course I have one question too. I am or now was sheelding my TT-RSS install with an Apache .htaccess and .htpasswd file. When having that in place the request to the Twitter parser script doesn't work as Apache will under water request a password. Anyone have ideas how to work around that?

Thanks again!

Mies


try this, with the proper username/password: http://username:[email protected]/...

virgo
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee
Posts: 37
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 22:14

Re: Twitter RSS Feeds

Postby virgo » 19 Jun 2013, 23:19

lbb wrote:Another thing: Is anyone missing a lot of tweets too? Only those that start with "@somename". It seems to be a twitter issue though https://dev.twitter.com/discussions/17106

That explains, why there have been show little tweets in one of the feeds... All the tweets beginning with @ seem really to be missing,

jdelamater99
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master
Posts: 109
Joined: 11 Apr 2013, 17:45

Re: Twitter RSS Feeds

Postby jdelamater99 » 20 Jun 2013, 05:18

I think replies are hard coded off in the script. I'll update script to make those configurable, as well as add in support for any of the other API parameters that aren't defined currently.

.:edit:.
Additional API parameters now supported in v.8


Return to “Support”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests