Publish ttrss as public page?

Support requests, bug reports, etc. go here. Dedicated servers / VDS hosting only
christophepave
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Publish ttrss as public page?

Postby christophepave » 25 Jun 2013, 16:30

Hi,
I am interested in publishing my own ttrss installation as a public page, allowing visitors to view my installation, but not allowing them to make any changes with regard to preferences, feed subscriptions, archiving etc. It would also involve disabling the marked read/unread status of each post.

In this way, I could use ttrss as my own RSS aggregator, offering visitors a selection of feeds I find interesting.

Would it be possible to organize ttrss in such a way?

thanks, CP

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Re: Publish ttrss as public page?

Postby fox » 25 Jun 2013, 17:08

No.

davidm
Plays it by ear

Postby davidm » 25 Jun 2013, 17:51

tt-rss generates RSS feeds for anything (labeled items, starred items, whatever), so it's fairly trivial (for someone who can set up tt-rss by herself) to set up a blog that republishes all those feeds. Wordpress+Feedwordpress for example.

lyda
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby lyda » 25 Jun 2013, 18:11

Yes, as davidm says, "Generate Feeds" will give you a url with a long cookie in it that, if you publish it, others can access it.

You get the same thing with your "Published Articles" which are all the articles you've clicked the share button on (or pressed the share key for).

You can either publish the url directly in either case, or use Wordpress and a plugin to publish it to a site.

kjcoop
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby kjcoop » 01 Oct 2013, 11:00

You may be interested in a Wordpress plugin I wrote to scratch a similar itch:
http://wordpress.org/plugins/share-from-tiny-tiny-rss/

It gathers a list of items you've marked as published, and creates a Wordpress post. It sounds like it's not quite as automatic as you were looking for, but it's GPL, so feel free to tweak it.

Also, my apologies if this comes off as spam. I thought my plugin might be of interest to the TTRSS community, and I'm super awkward about self-promoting, so I don't know how to sound not spammy. This seemed like a relevant thread to contribute to.

davidm
Plays it by ear

Postby davidm » 01 Oct 2013, 23:27

Thanks for that. Last week I set up a Wordpress blog to republish stuff that I star on a tt-rss instance. I'll sure give a try to your plugin.

Return to “Support”