[1.9] update.php locked

Support requests, bug reports, etc. go here. Dedicated servers / VDS hosting only
hyuopl
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

[1.9] update.php locked

Postby hyuopl » 25 Jul 2013, 07:53

I am running TT-RSS on Debian 7. When I goto update.php from browser it prints this.

Code: Select all

#!/usr/bin/env php [07:08:48/7670] Lock: update.lock

I am newbie at this stuff. What should I do ?

vilain
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Re: [1.9] update.php locked

Postby vilain » 25 Jul 2013, 09:19

You're supposed to run it from a cron job. Contact your sysadmin to set that up. Or read the directions on the install guide on how to setup updates and create the cron job however you're comfortable.

man crontab

hyuopl
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby hyuopl » 26 Jul 2013, 10:33

I used Old instructions, for whom it may concern guide at http://510x.se/notes/posts/Install_Tiny_Tiny_RSS_on_Debian/. I think it is not working.

phz
Bear Rating Disaster
Bear Rating Disaster

Postby phz » 26 Jul 2013, 17:40

hyuopl wrote:I used Old instructions, for whom it may concern guide at http://510x.se/notes/posts/Install_Tiny_Tiny_RSS_on_Debian/. I think it is not working.

Are you saying that you followed the instructions for manually installing TT-RSS 1.5 on that site? Then it is not improbable that things failed with a much newer version; TT-RSS 1.5 is 3 years old. The site explicitly says that the Debian packages are the way to go for simplicity if you have the choice.

If you are running Debian Stable and the packages are not available in the repositories for that Debian version, try to install them manually. You can either drag in packages from other Debian versions via some APT work, or you can just try downloading the .deb package from the Debian package repository online and manually try to jam it in with `dpkg`.

If you want to run newer versions of TT-RSS from trunk: follow regular installation instructions.

EDIT: Also, you are not supposed to visit `update.php` like that, and the guide does not tell you to do that either from what I can see. Read an "official" guide instead if you're stuck.

Return to “Support”