I'm an idiot

Support requests, bug reports, etc. go here. Dedicated servers / VDS hosting only
thermionic
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

I'm an idiot

Postby thermionic » 16 Aug 2013, 15:13

When I moved tt-rss to a VM on my colo box, I used a slightly different MySQL variant, and forgot to disable binary logging...

This filled up the filesystem.

I managed to fee up a small amount of space, edited my.cnf, started MySQL dumped the binary logs, then I ran mysqloptimise and it looked "ok"

However, tt-rss isn't very happy :-( If I login, it shows counts against each feed, but every feed (including all articles and fresh articles) shows "No articles found to display."

It's running v1.9.3eb5533

Any suggestions on how to fix would be appreciated.

Unfortunately, due a different problem, my latest mysql dump is nearly two months old

Cheers

sleeper_service
Bear Rating Overlord
Bear Rating Overlord

Re: I'm an idiot

Postby sleeper_service » 16 Aug 2013, 21:49

make sure that your new install is using innodb tables like it should. if you've got myisam tables, that causes wierdness, beyond that, all I can guess at is shut everything down, start everything back up and see if it's better, if not, you may be, in the words of the immortal fox... fucked.

others may have better suggestions. ;)

thermionic
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby thermionic » 17 Aug 2013, 00:19

I went on the basis that it was beyond repair and dropped the database, then did a clean install from git and manually added the feeds back in.

I've lost my starred items, but at least I get my offline reading back on my phone again...

I walked past a sculpture of a fox today :-)

AngryChris
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master

Postby AngryChris » 17 Aug 2013, 02:31

Be sure to reference this thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2534 If the default engine and encoding in your MySQL database is not configured to InnoDB and UTF8 respectively, you may suffer some undesirable effects. I'm confident it will be fixed in trunk (if it's not already, it's not fixed in 1.9) when fox returns from his much deserved vacation.

sleeper_service
Bear Rating Overlord
Bear Rating Overlord

Postby sleeper_service » 17 Aug 2013, 03:37

AngryChris wrote:Be sure to reference this thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2534 If the default engine and encoding in your MySQL database is not configured to InnoDB and UTF8 respectively, you may suffer some undesirable effects. I'm confident it will be fixed in trunk (if it's not already, it's not fixed in 1.9) when fox returns from his much deserved vacation.

it may be set that way because it just doesn't matter on those tables. I dunno. it's not changed in trunk, I can say that much.

edit: feeder found this: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2326&p=13613&hilit=MyISAM#p13613 so, yeah, doesn't matter, working as designed, nothing to see here, move along.

AngryChris
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master

Postby AngryChris » 17 Aug 2013, 05:23

Oh, that's awesome. Thanks for the catch, sleeper_service! I missed that one. I should probably go thwap myself in the other thread before fox does it. ;)

I think I figured out why, too. Those tables do not have foreign keys or cascading deletes. The two main pain points for MyISAM tables. So yes, it doesn't matter on those tables.

sleeper_service
Bear Rating Overlord
Bear Rating Overlord

Postby sleeper_service » 17 Aug 2013, 05:28

AngryChris wrote:Oh, that's awesome. Thanks for the catch, sleeper_service! I missed that one. I should probably go thwap myself in the other thread before fox does it. ;)

don't take away his fun ;)

Return to “Support”