Feed timing out

Support requests, bug reports, etc. go here. Dedicated servers / VDS hosting only
maddmann
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Feed timing out

Postby maddmann » 02 Nov 2013, 16:21

http://www.allmusic.com/rss stopped working with Tiny Tiny RSS v1.10 about a week ago. I am getting a CURL error with exit code 28. Strangely, the link is live and accessible with a web browser. All of my other feeds are working fine. Any idea what could be going on here :?:

vilain
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Re: Feed timing out

Postby vilain » 02 Nov 2013, 23:31

I used curl -v on the command line from my system and I got the feed just fine.

How often are you polling the feed?

Have you tried accessing the feed via curl from another IP address, like from the shell of your ISP?

I'm wondering if your IP address got banned by the site. Or maybe the Internet thinks you dress funny.

maddmann
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby maddmann » 03 Nov 2013, 00:56

vilain wrote:I used curl -v on the command line from my system and I got the feed just fine.

How often are you polling the feed?

Have you tried accessing the feed via curl from another IP address, like from the shell of your ISP?

I'm wondering if your IP address got banned by the site. Or maybe the Internet thinks you dress funny.

Thanks for checking that for me Vilain. Polling was set to every 30 minutes (and had been for months) - would you consider that abusive? Anyway, I just tried from a shell account and sure enough it worked, no problem. But if allmusic.com banned my IP, don't you think I wouldn't be able to access the site from a curl command line or a web browser :?

vilain
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby vilain » 03 Nov 2013, 04:14

Yep. Since you can get to the feed with curl on the command line, it's probably not your IP address. And a 30min updates isn't to bad.

The only other thing that comes to mind is how many feeds to do you have? I don't know if tt-rss polls multiple streams at once and this stream has just enough delay to time out. That won't happen if you poll it from the web or curl on the command-line.

Fox, does tt-rss poll multiple streams during an update or one at a time?

maddmann
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby maddmann » 03 Nov 2013, 04:43

vilain wrote:Yep. Since you can get to the feed with curl on the command line, it's probably not your IP address. And a 30min updates isn't to bad.

The only other thing that comes to mind is how many feeds to do you have?

Just to be clear, I can get to the URL from a web browser but curl on the command line times out from my local terminal. I was able to ssh into a remote shell and get the feed with curl on the command line though. I only have about 40 feeds - nothing extreme, so I don't think that should be a factor. For the time being I set up a Yahoo pipe for the feed and I am pulling it into ttrss from there.

Return to “Support”