mark above as read - web <> android

Support requests, bug reports, etc. go here. Dedicated servers / VDS hosting only
macfly
Bear Rating Disaster
Bear Rating Disaster

mark above as read - web <> android

Postby macfly » 23 Jan 2014, 15:39

Hi fox,

i noticed different behaviour for the "mark above as read" functionality in the web-client and in the android-client.

when i right-click on an article in a browser and choose "mark above read", all articles above this article are marked as read, the article, i right-clicked, not.

when i long-press on an article in the android-client and choose "mark above read", all articles above this article including the article i long-pressed are marked as read.

I don't know, what is the correct/intended behaviour (i'd prefer the first one), but i would suggest to let both actions have the same effect.

regards,
macfly.

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Re: mark above as read - web <> android

Postby fox » 23 Jan 2014, 15:57

Strange, I recall fixing this before on android.

e: https://github.com/gothfox/Tiny-Tiny-RS ... dbd3b0a5c2

macfly
Bear Rating Disaster
Bear Rating Disaster

Postby macfly » 23 Jan 2014, 16:10

thanks!

jah
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby jah » 23 Jan 2014, 18:45

fox wrote:Strange, I recall fixing this before on android.

e: https://github.com/gothfox/Tiny-Tiny-RS ... dbd3b0a5c2

When you made that change, instead of having it "mark above read" on the android client, it marks above read as well as what you click on when you longpress to mark as read. So the longpress action didn't change. But when you mark above read while in an article, it marks above read and marks the current article as unread, although it appears to be marked as read until you go out of that folder and come back, so you actually can't mark all read in a folder. If that makes any sense.

Personally, I don't care how it works as long as I can figure out how to do what I want it to do. When I am in an article list, I long-press the article above the one I want to stay unread.

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Postby fox » 23 Jan 2014, 18:55

I'm not sure what you are talking about.

1. view headlines, long press on unread article, mark above read -> above articles are marked as read, article remains untouched
2. while viewing articles, mark above read can't mark anything as unread, there is no code that does so

Maybe you should rephrase or something.

jah
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby jah » 23 Jan 2014, 20:19

Fixed in 1.34. Now it behaves as expected.

Return to “Support”