Change android client fonts

Support requests, bug reports, etc. go here. Dedicated servers / VDS hosting only
blainemono
Gaping Anus of Eternity
Gaping Anus of Eternity

Re: Change android client fonts

Postby blainemono » 29 Jan 2014, 20:44

raptorialfungus wrote:Judging by your posts you are a local clown?

Clowning is something I do for fun. How is being functionally retarded working out for you?

pcause
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master

Postby pcause » 31 Jan 2014, 02:25

Fox, appreciate the ability these change made. I'd also line to see the number of lines per item shrunk from 3 to 2. As an example, you could eliminate the 3rd line in the list view if you moved the check box to before the title and then the star/pub/menu at the end of the title line. Or perhaps have the star/pub/menu on the second line. Then we'd get more items on the screen at a time.

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Postby fox » 31 Jan 2014, 08:36

In my experience cramming as much shit as possible in the viewport does not necessarily translate to good UX and general "readability" of things, though.

pcause
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master

Postby pcause » 01 Feb 2014, 01:24

Since I think what you've done on the Web UI is just terrific it can be difficult to argue with you about good UI. I have a lot of articles I want to get through and so getting more content on the screen is important. On the Web UI I get a single line per item and can get through a lot of feeds quickly to find what I want. I just find the 3rd row adds too much "white space for me". In a way I'd really like something more like the web UI, where there is a row per feed with the feed title and then one row per item. On the phone that would mean only a title could fit and no date/ icons for star/pub, which may not be enough, so the 2 rows would get me closest to what I use on the Web UI.

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Postby fox » 01 Feb 2014, 11:03

You can disable content previews which will cut down on unnecessary item height.

It's not as simple as moving some controls, I'll need to maintain potentially 2 sets (for tablets and phones) of 4 layouts and maybe one more set for those who like the current way and don't want single-line headlines. Essentially the layout used now is a compromise, something that looks okay on all devices.

pcause
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master

Postby pcause » 01 Feb 2014, 23:16

I do turn off previews that is how i get3 lines per item. Understand about complexity. Wouldn't proposed 2 line layout work on both tablets and phones? It would get more information on the phone screen.

Return to “Support”