I am looking for working service daemonize script for Debian

Support requests, bug reports, etc. go here. Dedicated servers / VDS hosting only
kurahan
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

I am looking for working service daemonize script for Debian

Postby kurahan » 20 Jul 2014, 06:08

Hi

I have been trying to setup my ttrss update as Debian daemon without any success. I am using a screen session for the update.php now, it works but I need this to be a system service. So I am hoping that someone here might provide me a decent init.d script that I can use on my system.

The ones I found or tried turns out to be either doing nothing or throwing errors ( ie cant chdir to directory ).
For example I tried this one
http://noctus.net/2012/initscript-mit-t ... rss-1-5-10

thanks

phz
Bear Rating Disaster
Bear Rating Disaster

Re: I am looking for working service daemonize script for De

Postby phz » 20 Jul 2014, 12:39

, so I would begin by looking at the package maintainer's solution. You might even want to use the packaged version directly for simplicity.

It is also possible to install the main Debian version to take advantage of e.g. services and web server setup, but modify them slightly to point to a local clone of the upstream Git tree, if you for some reason feel the need to follow the "bleeding edge" of TT-RSS, but want to take advantage of the Debian packager's work in integrating TT-RSS in the Debian system. I will not produce a guide to do this, since it would be unsupported from both TT-RSS and Debian. Those who choose this approach should be able to figure out themselves how it is done, since it might very well break upon package/Git trunk updates.

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Postby fox » 20 Jul 2014, 12:45

>TT-RSS is currently in the "Testing" and "Unstable" branches of Debian, so I would begin by looking at the package maintainer's solution. You might even want to use the packaged version directly for simplicity.

As long as you're not posting in support afterwards, op.

kurahan
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby kurahan » 21 Jul 2014, 04:09

@phz

Thanks I will follow your recommendation.

Return to “Support”