After upgrade to 1.13, 'j' moves to next category

Support requests, bug reports, etc. go here. Dedicated servers / VDS hosting only
wolfgangasdf
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Re: After upgrade to 1.13, 'j' moves to next category

Postby wolfgangasdf » 26 Jul 2014, 14:21

Or how about this (fill div with <a>, can click anywhere):

Code: Select all

#headlines-spacer a {
   display : block;
   height : 100%;
   width : 100%;
   padding : 30px 0px;
   font-size : 20px;
   color : #555;
}

However, I observed that for lists with more than exactly 30 articles, the "click to open next feed" button doesn't appear, and also no white area!

The present scroll-to-advance code works perfectly for me!
The reason why I had put code into the catchup timeout was because I thought it could be confusing if the next cat/feed is shown immediately, of course putting it into the catchup function is not very nice.

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Postby fox » 26 Jul 2014, 15:17

When there's more than 30 articles it should just lazy load more while creating the loading prompt on the bottom, I think. The click to open prompt should only appear when there's no new stuff left to fetch.

nkowalski
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby nkowalski » 26 Jul 2014, 18:36

fox wrote:It currently fires at 50% threshold of shit being scrolled up, maybe this should be adjusted in this case for long articles.

e: adjusted in trunk

I also have seen this behaviour with some feeds containing (very) long articles, that I still like to read inside ttrss.

How is adjusted this threshold now? Is it possible to disable completly this feature?

Thanks.

fox

Postby fox » 26 Jul 2014, 18:55

If you are on current trunk, this should already work properly.

If you don't like the feature you can disable open next on mark as read feature.

It's all here in the thread.

wolfgangasdf
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby wolfgangasdf » 26 Jul 2014, 20:04

fox wrote:When there's more than 30 articles it should just lazy load more while creating the loading prompt on the bottom, I think. The click to open prompt should only appear when there's no new stuff left to fetch.

I forgot to add: this happens only if you have "automatically make read while scrolling" *not* set. The situation is here:
<=30 articles: you get the "click to show next feed" button
>30 you won't.
In the latter case, headlines-spacer hsp is not there (line 1322 viewfeed.js) and the button can't be shown. Apparently, hsp is not created for >30 articles, but I don't know where.

fox

Postby fox » 26 Jul 2014, 22:00

You're right, spacer is only being appended on lazy load if auto mark as read is enabled, even though it is always created and appended to DOM on initial load. I have no idea why. :)

I've removed the if (auto_mark) and it seems to work fine, I'll push this and we'll see how it goes.

dariottolo
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby dariottolo » 07 Nov 2014, 19:39

I am using the latest version with Google Chrome. "Automatically mark articles as read" is enabled.

There is something I noticed using keyboard shortcuts: I am reading each articles of each feed using Ctrl+Down.
Once the unread articles are finished, I press k to go to the next unread feed. If the number of unread articles is 2 (or more) Ctrl+Down works as expected.
If next unread feed has only 1 unread article, pressing Ctrl+Down doesn't do anything, ie the article is not marked as read.

I either have to click on the article with the mouse or press f q.

It's not really a big deal, but is it something you are aware of?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Return to “Support”