Chrome - Icons and images are black & white

Support requests, bug reports, etc. go here. Dedicated servers / VDS hosting only
emanresu
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Chrome - Icons and images are black & white

Postby emanresu » 06 Dec 2014, 01:48

It's the same Tiny Tiny RSS with the same settings. But for some reason every icon and image in Chrome is just black and white. It only happens within Tiny Tiny RSS.

lotrfan
Bear Rating Disaster
Bear Rating Disaster

Re: Chrome - Icons and images are black & white

Postby lotrfan » 06 Dec 2014, 03:04

It's supposed to do that... https://github.com/gothfox/Tiny-Tiny-RS ... #L128-L135

Code: Select all

body#ttrssMain .cdm .cdmContentInner img,
body#ttrssMain .cdm img.tinyFeedIcon,
body#ttrssMain .cdm .cdmFooter img,
body#ttrssMain #feedTree img,
body#ttrssMain .postContent img {
    filter: grayscale(1);
    -webkit-filter: grayscale(1);
}

Firefox doesn't really support the filter property (http://caniuse.com/#feat=css-filters).

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Postby fox » 06 Dec 2014, 11:46

emanresu
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby emanresu » 06 Dec 2014, 15:08

So it's a case of "It's not a bug. It's a feature"... I don't really understand what purpose it serves though. Some icons just look broken if you suck the color out of them.
Can I suggest an option to disable it? I know I can probably do that by messing around in some css file but we all know how this is going to end given that I can't even relocate those feed icons.

fox

Postby fox » 06 Dec 2014, 15:18

it serves the purpose of making shit less garish so it would fuck your eyes less while you're looking at things in the dark, it's obvious really if you spend like a minute thinking about it. i mean the theme is called night.css.

if you don't like it just override it in user css or something, why Q_Q about it

>I know I can probably do that by messing around in some css file but we all know how this is going to end given that I can't even relocate those feed icons.

you poor thing

manu
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby manu » 10 Dec 2014, 14:02

I have the same problem than emanresu, everything is in black and white (including feeds pictures).

As this feature is obviously broken for (at least) Firefox, it may be good to have an option to activate it; or even better, have it desactivated by default and have an option to activate it.

Also, why are people so aggressive here ?

fox

Postby fox » 10 Dec 2014, 14:16

i like how the explanation that this works as intended didn't stop you from saying its a problem

>As this feature is obviously broken for (at least) Firefox, it may be good to have an option to activate it; or even better, have it desactivated by default and have an option to activate it.

lol if you seriously think i'm going to add theme-related options

>Also, why are people so aggressive here ?

it's a reaction to blindingly stupid shit people like you post here, hth

manu
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby manu » 10 Dec 2014, 14:36

Ha sorry, I didn't realised that by night we were supposed to only see things in black and white.
So as you seem to not care about what users think I will shut up and do my own things in my corner, so long for the open spirit.

fox

Postby fox » 10 Dec 2014, 14:48

manu wrote:Ha sorry, I didn't realised that by night we were supposed to only see things in black and white.

you'd be surprised but that's literally how your eyes work

So as you seem to not care about what users think I will shut up and do my own things in my corner, so long for the open spirit.

i like how focus on self esteem in education made a lot of people wrongly assume that others should care about their dumb opinions

emanresu
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby emanresu » 10 Dec 2014, 15:40

fox wrote:it serves the purpose of making shit less garish so it would fuck your eyes less while you're looking at things in the dark

I've got a second and third monitor to my left and right, spewing all kinds of colorful colors (in color!) at me. So having 20 small icons without color probably won't save me. Not that it needs to. I used the "color night mode" of Firefox for months and didn't notice anything negative. Maybe my eyes just don't have a problem with it.

As you'll probably just reply with some angry, aggressive response I won't bother to check back. So no need to waste your time by writing something. Unless you can't help yourself of course.

manu wrote:Also, why are people so aggressive here ?

There's a tiny little bit of truth in many clichés. In this case the "Angry Russian" cliché is in effect. Needles to say that this doesn't mix well with "Support".

blainemono
Gaping Anus of Eternity
Gaping Anus of Eternity

Postby blainemono » 10 Dec 2014, 16:57

charlie-tca
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby charlie-tca » 10 Dec 2014, 17:00

I might be wrong, but I think the real answer here is to look at what you have added to TT-RSS. I use it in both Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox without any issues. My images and icons are the same colors when viewed in TT-RSS or at the websites. I don't use any themes or plug-ins, though, that are not part of the original package.

fox

Postby fox » 10 Dec 2014, 17:01

it's a night mode thing. which you can disable by removing like one very obvious line from the css file.

e: also i don't understand why would someone use night.css if he has other monitors with bright shit on them, that's not what it's for. it's for low light situations.

Latimer
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master

Postby Latimer » 10 Dec 2014, 18:56

I'm not sure why this is a problem. Preferences - Customize stylesheet is all you need.

Return to “Support”