Does the Android App cache the server's IP?

Support requests, bug reports, etc. go here. Dedicated servers / VDS hosting only
surfrock66
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Does the Android App cache the server's IP?

Postby surfrock66 » 09 Mar 2015, 19:49

I have my ttrss instance hosted on a server in my house on my lan; I have my DNS configured so that the address works internally AND externally. http://hda.surfrock66.com/ttrss/ works in the web browser on the WAN and the LAN.

But not in the app. It works fine on my WAN, but it never connects when on the LAN. From the exact same device, I can open the web client just fine, but trying to use the app fails on the LAN. I'm suspicious that the app is caching the IP, which would make sense to speed up loading, but breaks the workflow for my self-hosted solution.

Is it possible that the app does cache the IP, and if it does, is it possible to either disable that, or make it an option?

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Re: Does the Android App cache the server's IP?

Postby fox » 09 Mar 2015, 20:10

no it doesn't

surfrock66
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby surfrock66 » 09 Mar 2015, 20:23

Any thoughts on why this would be the case? Like I said, the web client works on both laptop and phone from inside and outside the network using the EXACT same URL. When I try to use the app from the LAN, I get "I/O error, server down?" or something like that.

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Postby fox » 09 Mar 2015, 20:51

the app does http requests, you should ask whoever built android network stack about anything else

maybe google osi network model or something idk

Return to “Support”