Android Client - (All or Fresh) articles - swiping for next article

Support requests, bug reports, etc. go here. Dedicated servers / VDS hosting only
ddowdle
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Android Client - (All or Fresh) articles - swiping for next article

Postby ddowdle » 17 Dec 2015, 18:28

While reading full articles, the swipe functionality is bizarre at best. Swiping on the headline works 100% of the time to get to the next or previous article. Being at the very bottom of the article and swiping anywhere on the screen works 100% of the time. In the middle of the article though...
If i slow drag sometimes it works, if i drag from the very edge i get decent results, if i press my finger first and then drag i get so-so results with the swipe actually occurring.
The article will scroll up or down a little as i swipe, so i know it recognizes the touch(and vertical scrolling-swipe never fails).

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Re: Android Client - (All or Fresh) articles - swiping for next article

Postby fox » 17 Dec 2015, 18:43

the only problem i ever had with this is when article content is for some reason wider than the viewport, so you need to swipe it to the end first and then swipe to next article

i'm not really using anything custom there, it's all support library controls and shit. most likely you're being samsung'd i'm afraid i.e. your device doesn't work right (webview is eating scroll requests and preventing viewpager from switching pages) and there's nothing i can do.

however it wouldnt hurt if you posted maybe some feeds / specific conditions this happens on, unless it's all the time on every article. maybe even a version of android your device is running. a model. any details really.

e: i'll try to swipe things a bit on an emulator, maybe i'll figure some hack out, won't be the first time

fox

Postby fox » 17 Dec 2015, 19:07

upd, i played with it a bit and there's definitely something strange going on, it works perfectly on an emulator of course.

well i reverted the nestedscrollview change from before to the previously existing hack, new beta version should be up in a few, report back if its any better

randompherret
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby randompherret » 17 Dec 2015, 20:54

I was having issues with side swiping before, now after the update it swipes like normal.

Nexus 6 android 6.0.1

fox

Postby fox » 17 Dec 2015, 21:14

now meaning 1.166 right?

ddowdle
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby ddowdle » 17 Dec 2015, 23:35

I am on a Nexus 6 as well, 6.0 and 6.0.1 both have had this problem. 1.166 is MUCH better so far(sample size about 10 articles). It was all the time every article, and is not the width thing. Now that you already found it, i realize most of this info is useless.

randompherret
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby randompherret » 17 Dec 2015, 23:48

fox wrote:now meaning 1.166 right?

Yes, 1.166(398) to be exact

Return to “Support”