Is it possible to disable pgsql full-text search

Support requests, bug reports, etc. go here. Dedicated servers / VDS hosting only
ldidry
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Is it possible to disable pgsql full-text search

Postby ldidry » 10 Mar 2016, 10:59

Hello,

I'm a member of Framasoft, an non-profit association that proposes, among other services, a free instance of TTRSS.

We were running out of space on our server and I saw that the index for pgsql full-text search (ttrss_entries_tsvector_combined_idx) is taking a lot of place (±57GB). As I activated the sphinx search plugin, would it be safe to drop or truncate this index?

Other question : would it be ok to add an option in config.php to disable full-text search related code in include/rssfuncs.php and include/functions2.php? For now, this code is in a

Code: Select all

if (DB_TYPE == "pgsql") {
block. It would be easy (for me, I don't ask you to code that, I'll submit a patch if you tell me it's ok to add an option) to change it to

Code: Select all

if (DB_TYPE == "pgsql" && USE_PG_FULL_TEXT_SEARCH ) {

I only looked for "tsvector" in TTRSS code, but if there is other full-text search related code I didn't saw, could you please say me what I have to look for?

Thank you.

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Re: Is it possible to disable pgsql full-text search

Postby fox » 10 Mar 2016, 11:26

mass public hosting is not the goal for tt-rss so i'm not adding config options for this because i'm reasonably sure it won't affect a normal i.e. semi-personal tt-rss instance

however since the source is gpl you can obviously do whatever you want

>I only looked for "tsvector" in TTRSS code, but if there is other full-text search related code I didn't saw, could you please say me what I have to look for?

find the changeset that adds tsvector support, look through it, and you'll certainly find everything you need

ldidry
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Re: Is it possible to disable pgsql full-text search

Postby ldidry » 10 Mar 2016, 12:54

Ok, thank you very much.

Return to “Support”