Android client crashes when you click on the content preview of a returned search query.

Support requests, bug reports, etc. go here. Dedicated servers / VDS hosting only
Defined
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Android client crashes when you click on the content preview of a returned search query.

Postby Defined » 29 May 2016, 00:32

When doing a search with the Android client, it crashes after you click on the content preview to take you to the full post from one of the search results. I can reproduce this on an Asus ZenPad running Lollipop and a phone running a Marshmallow rom based on AOSP. All articles and fresh articles. Can anyone else confirm this?

I did an update to trunk with no change in behavior. I have feed categories enabled, preview article content (obviously) enabled, mark read on scroll, headline display mode of default, and accelerate web views enabled. I hope I listed what is needed.

As a workaround I have been clicking the context menu of the previews from search results and doing an "open with" to launch a web browser. Not sure if that is truly a workaround.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

randompherret
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Re: Android client crashes when you click on the content preview of a returned search query.

Postby randompherret » 29 May 2016, 03:10

Confirmed on nexus 6 running stock.

dedioste
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Re: Android client crashes when you click on the content preview of a returned search query.

Postby dedioste » 29 May 2016, 17:04

Confirmed on Asus Zenpad 8 and Nexus 5x (both Marshmallow)

Crash report sent in both cases.

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Postby fox » 29 May 2016, 17:54

i'll take a look monday i guess

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Postby fox » 30 May 2016, 12:39

beta build should be up in a few hours

randompherret
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby randompherret » 30 May 2016, 15:40

Working now.

Return to “Support”