API produces extra line before JSON output

Support requests, bug reports, etc. go here. Dedicated servers / VDS hosting only
black
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

API produces extra line before JSON output

Postby black » 05 Aug 2016, 14:32

Hello forum,

because my previous, well written post was blocked by moderation, I hope that this one will make it through...

I experienced an error in the API output of the current version of tt-rss (git master branch) on Debian 8.2, Apache 2.4, PHP 5.6:
Before the JSON data, there seems to be a single line output containing of a hexadecimal number.
Of course, this breaks the JSON parser on the client side.

As nobody else seems to have that issue, I guess it's something with my installation. I used a database dump from a previous version of tt-rss to restore the DB and afterwards, I updated the DB by using the update instructions.

Any hints?

Thanks,
Black

P.S.: If a first-time user violates the forum rules, then please state why. I could not see any violation in my previous post.

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Re: API produces extra line before JSON output

Postby fox » 05 Aug 2016, 16:00

>P.S.: If a first-time user violates the forum rules, then please state why. I could not see any violation in my previous post.

not mentioning versions of stuff aka the usual

>Before the JSON data, there seems to be a single line output containing of a hexadecimal number.

most likely something is outside of <?php ... ?> tags somewhere, maybe config.php

does this number change or is it a constant? it's hard to say, really

sleeper_service
Bear Rating Overlord
Bear Rating Overlord

Re: API produces extra line before JSON output

Postby sleeper_service » 05 Aug 2016, 22:57

black wrote:P.S.: If a first-time user violates the forum rules, then please state why. I could not see any violation in my previous post.

and yet, you still managed to do better after reading the rules... imagine that.

keep a doof from being suspended, and what do they do? say 'thanks'? no, they whine more...

Return to “Support”