import_export plugin "Upload failed with error code 1"

Support requests, bug reports, etc. go here. Dedicated servers / VDS hosting only
1qazaq1
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

import_export plugin "Upload failed with error code 1"

Postby 1qazaq1 » 18 Aug 2016, 02:55

Hi,

Want to migrate to new TTRSS server.

As a source I have been using for ages TTRSS on CentOS Apache+MySQL. v16.8 (5cbd1fe).
Trying to migrate to Raspbian Jessie/Nginx 1.6.2/Postgres 9.4/PHP5.6.24. Installed everything without issues. Can login.

Exported starred/archived articles on the source system. Have a 4M file. While trying to import it to a new system (same v16.8 (5cbd1fe)) getting error message "Upload failed with error code 1". Should I be importing archive or should I extract the data and import uncompressed file? In case of importing uncompressed file getting error message "{"error":{"code":13,"message":"Method not found"}}". Cannot see anything particular in the nginx error/access logs. Searching forum is giving non-related LastPass topic.

Please advise what should be checked?

JustAMacUser
Bear Rating Overlord
Bear Rating Overlord

Re: import_export plugin "Upload failed with error code 1"

Postby JustAMacUser » 18 Aug 2016, 04:35

http://php.net/manual/en/features.file- ... errors.php

e: Literally the first hit in Google. :wink:

1qazaq1
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby 1qazaq1 » 18 Aug 2016, 05:03

You are a star! Pleasantly surprised as was expected to be bullied)

Increased upload_max_filesize in php.ini then increased timeout (both for nginx and php) as it took longer then expected to import all my articles.

Thank you again - migrated successfully!

PS: Was under impression that it is TTRSS internal error rather then generic PHP.

sleeper_service
Bear Rating Overlord
Bear Rating Overlord

Postby sleeper_service » 18 Aug 2016, 06:10

ttrss gets blamed for a ton of things because people don't bother to investigate error messages.

1qazaq1
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby 1qazaq1 » 19 Aug 2016, 17:37

sleeper_service, agree with you but there is a limit of efforts. Plus, I wasn't blaming TTRSS - I really like it and suggest to my friends. I though error message is displayed by TTRSS when a KNOWN situation for TTRSS has occurred so instead of just crashing it properly handled that and showed the error message. Wanted to find out what was the situation. I didn't went here straight away without my own investigation. And I tried to provide all useful information to make it easier for guys to help me. As soon as I got hint from JustAMAcUser (not the final resolution) I've sorted it out myself not waiting for a spoon feeding.

But I would add a disclaimer to documentation - as for the day-to-day work you are fine with default values for upload file size. But when you need upload an export file bigger then default values check the limits of php/lighttpd/nginx/apache2 etc. Probably it is pretty obvious for web admin/developers but not for people who don't deal with it every day.

I just was GoogleReader user. When it was buried alive, I started looking for an alternative but without cloud. If before that I was just opening my browser windows then now I know how to install/do basic config for linux on rpi2, install webservers, db (basic config for that as well) just to do the same.

Thanks (+15EUR) for the keeping the product alive. Have a nice weekend

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Postby fox » 19 Aug 2016, 18:12

i agree that current error message in this situation is not intuitive, which is why i'm going to change it to look like this:

JustAMacUser
Bear Rating Overlord
Bear Rating Overlord

Postby JustAMacUser » 19 Aug 2016, 18:48

fox wrote:i agree that current error message in this situation is not intuitive, which is why i'm going to change it to look like this:

Weird. I would have thought your style was more like: A PHP error occurred. Check the logs. You know how to do that, right? :)

OP: Glad you got things working.

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Postby fox » 19 Aug 2016, 19:07

well tbf it is not clear that this is a php error so

e: log entry is not created there either because it's not really a error/warning situation

1qazaq1
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby 1qazaq1 » 20 Aug 2016, 02:01

I though that my PHP installation was dodgy (not generating any logs). And I can see you already implemented that warning message functionality. Thanks fox.

Return to “Support”