Very strange error with chrome

Support requests, bug reports, etc. go here. Dedicated servers / VDS hosting only
plokiju
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Very strange error with chrome

Postby plokiju » 25 Aug 2016, 20:32

Hey guys,

I've used tt-rss for a few years now on my own server and never had really trouble with it. So yesterday I updated it to the newest version via git and got an error in Chrome on computer A. No problem, deleted cache and it worked like a charm. On computer B, I got the same error, but it's just not going away. I've cleaned the cache, reinstalled Chrome... nothing. It works in incognito mode though. I reinstalled Windows yesterday and it worked for a few hours until the error came back again.

To sum it up:

Chrome profile is synced between computer A and computer B and both using the same version of Chrome

Computer A
Chrome: works
Chrome (incognito): works
Firefox: works
Edge: works

Computer B
Chrome: error
Chrome (incognito): works
Firefox: works
Edge: works

Any ideas?

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Re: Very strange error with chrome

Postby fox » 25 Aug 2016, 21:16

if it works in incognito most likely it is addon-related. lastpass or other such garbage. i would start with disabling all addons.

in any case, if it works in chrome A and doesn't work in chrome B i'm not sure how we can help because it's obviously a problem with a client machine.

plokiju
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Re: Very strange error with chrome

Postby plokiju » 25 Aug 2016, 21:30

Oh well, I found the reason. Thanks for pushing me in that direction. It was the exif viewer plugin which I only use on one computer and totally forgot about.

If you got a blacklist or something, this Plugin breaks tt-rss: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... gkmjapkffm

Return to “Support”