Android client: if only I could unread the sdk

Support requests, bug reports, etc. go here. Dedicated servers / VDS hosting only
fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Re: Android client: if only I could unread the sdk

Postby fox » 19 Feb 2017, 10:41

it's really not that hard to add this into web UI via a plugin and then login into it once to click a button (going by the linked thread you did make a plugin already). i mean your android device should have a web browser.

e: you can even make a separate simplified page with this function only via the web UI plugin and bookmark it on the device or something like that.

pcause
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master

Postby pcause » 19 Feb 2017, 16:22

Yeah, guess I can do that. Just seemed to me to be the one common thing I need that is missing in the Android client.

But since I know how much you love the android SDK, my expectation were low in terms of you adding.

BTW: One thing that would be nice is to have a page shown when the Android client starts that says what's new and is displayed once. Pretty common for Android apps. I didn't know that you'd made an option to disable the swipe stuff and this would have saved me posting and you anwersing a question on the forum.

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Postby fox » 19 Feb 2017, 16:31

>But since I know how much you love the android SDK, my expectation were low in terms of you adding.

it's less that and more adding niche features. if android app had plugins, that would be very much a plugin thing.

>One thing that would be nice is to have a page shown when the Android client starts that says what's new and is displayed once. Pretty common for Android apps.

i personally hate this in your face crap. there's release notes on play store, why not read those instead if you're interested. unlike many other developers i even put relevant info in there instead of some catchall garbage like "hurr-durr we made the app better durr-hurr check our twitter blargh-hargh".

pcause
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master

Postby pcause » 19 Feb 2017, 19:41

I do usually read the notes on the play store. Guess I skipped this time.

Thanks for the reply

Return to “Support”