Mark articles unread in digest.php

Development-related discussion, including bundled plugins
mtk
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Mark articles unread in digest.php

Postby mtk » 08 Sep 2012, 22:18

Hi!

It seems that the only option to use TT-RSS with an iPad is the digest.php (which works nicely by the way....).
I only miss one feature: Marking articles unread.
Often there are articles containing things I want to test on my desktop PC or read them later. While this is possible in the Android App (Which is great), I seem to have no chance on my iPad or with the digest.php.

It would be great to include this feature!

- mike -

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Re: Mark articles unread in digest.php

Postby fox » 08 Sep 2012, 23:30

Can't you just star the article? In next tt-rss version all your recently read stuff will appear in a special feed so you will be able to easily find it there.

mtk
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby mtk » 09 Sep 2012, 22:26

Well, its an option.
However I display all unread articles only . So the starred articles-feed will be empty until I switch to show all articles.

Aldursil
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master

Postby Aldursil » 18 Mar 2013, 03:28

mtk wrote:Well, its an option.
However I display all unread articles only . So the starred articles-feed will be empty until I switch to show all articles.

I also have the "Unread" option on by default so I can not see my Starred articles unless I change the option back to Starred or All Articles. Could the behavior be changed for the Starred menu selection to always show articles even if they are read?

I would also love to see a counter by the 'Starred articles' menu entry so I can know how many articles I have starred.

fox

Postby fox » 18 Mar 2013, 09:12

You have no idea how many times this has been discussed before. The counter and filter behavior stays. If you don't like that unread displays unread messages, use adaptive.

Aldursil
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master

Postby Aldursil » 19 Mar 2013, 04:36

fox wrote:You have no idea how many times this has been discussed before. The counter and filter behavior stays. If you don't like that unread displays unread messages, use adaptive.

Maybe if it keeps coming up that should indicate it is something to consider. ;)

Better yet, make it an option so those who like the current behavior can keep it and those who want the other behavior can have that also.

fox

Postby fox » 19 Mar 2013, 09:08

>Maybe if it keeps coming up that should indicate it is something to consider.

Creationism keeps coming up too.

>Better yet, make it an option so those who like the current behavior can keep it and those who want the other behavior can have that also.

Adding an option for any obscure request is an excellent way to make the preferences completely unworkable for everyone. This is not KDE.

craywolf
Mr. Awesome

Postby craywolf » 19 Mar 2013, 18:10

Aldursil wrote:Maybe if it keeps coming up that should indicate it is something to consider. ;)

What's wrong with Adaptive view?

If a feed has unread items, you see the unread items.
If a feed has no unread items, you see all items.
If you click on Special -> Starred articles, you see all starred articles whether read or unread.

Return to “Development”