Mobile webapp for TT RSS: ttrss-mobile

Development-related discussion, including bundled plugins
lordofthemoon
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Re: Mobile webapp for TT RSS: ttrss-mobile

Postby lordofthemoon » 05 Apr 2013, 13:55

Thanks mboinet, pulling a new master.zip from github works fine.

jonb - did you remember to copy back your conf.js? It was hanging for me until I remembered to do that.

jonb
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby jonb » 05 Apr 2013, 19:36

I did copy the conf.js file, so that's not the issue. I just tried it using Safari, rather than Chrome, on my iPhone, and I got in without any hanging. I did try clearing the cache in Chrome, but it still hangs. Whatev. It's probably some issue at my end.

mboinet
Bear Rating Disaster
Bear Rating Disaster

Postby mboinet » 05 Apr 2013, 20:49

lordofthemoon wrote:jonb - did you remember to copy back your conf.js? It was hanging for me until I remembered to do that.

That's what I was thinking about :D

You can also open Chrome Inspector and have a look at the console and the network tabs. If there's an error it will be obvious.

jonb
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby jonb » 05 Apr 2013, 21:38

Well, now it's working in Chrome as well, so it must have been some lagging cashe weirdness.

Buzz-cp
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby Buzz-cp » 06 Apr 2013, 19:54

Hey thanks! This is pretty slick. Is there a way to change the theme or look/feel/color/etc of the widgets/buttons? The only graphics I see are the icons for iPhone and startup images.

lordofthemoon
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby lordofthemoon » 06 Apr 2013, 23:45

Firstly, thanks very much for your work on ttrss-mobile, as someone who regularly splits his reading between multiple desktop and mobile devices it's great to find something that means I don't need anything more than a web browser, no matter what device I'm on.

I've been using this for a few days now (since I set up my TT-RSS installation) and have some feature requests:

1. Is it possible to sort in reverse chronological order (ie newest items at the top rather than the bottom)?
  2. At the moment if you read a feed with unread items, ttrss-mobile will only display unread items (up to the item limit you set in the settings). I'd like to see a 'Read more' button at the bottom so that you can load more items. For example, if I've been neglecting a feed for a few days and there are, say, 30 new entries. By default the ttrss-mobile will only show 10 of those, and I couldn't find a way to see the others.

xtaz
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master

Postby xtaz » 07 Apr 2013, 15:07

Just to let you know I've just updated to the latest code from git and on the Fresh Articles feed whenever I read any articles it says Feed: loading rather than the actual feed name. Backing out the last commit for loading specific categories fixes this.

Speaking of Fresh Articles. When browsing the list of new articles it's not apparent which feeds are which. Wondering if it might be worth adding the favicon image to the list?
Last edited by xtaz on 08 Apr 2013, 15:57, edited 1 time in total.

jdlk
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby jdlk » 07 Apr 2013, 16:12

mboinet wrote:Could you test with these lines in the main.css ?

Code: Select all

div#read div[data-role=content]>div.main {
    font-size: 1.2em !important;
}

I think jQueryMobile is using the default 1em font size. If it's too small, your browser default font configuration is just wrong.
What tablet are you using? What's your browser? Did you try any other browser?

Thanks for the response and apologies for the delay in replying -- out of town last week and only occasional web access. Your solution works just fine. My tablet is a Samsung 7.7 (http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/GT-P6810LSAXEU-techspecs), which has a high-res screen and getting font size right is difficult.

Most browsers seem only to offer limited font size settings (small/medium/large or similar). I currently use Dolphin browser and for most sites my current font size setting is slightly on the small size, but readable. The default setting for ttrss-mobile did seem a bit smaller and difficult to read, but might be my imagination (or just the sight of a long slab of plain text). But the amended main.css solves the issue for me.

jonb
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby jonb » 08 Apr 2013, 19:19

Feature request: Right now, each post title cuts off at 30(?) characters with an ellipsis. Can that be changed to include more/all of the post title?

smeerbartje
Bear Rating Disaster
Bear Rating Disaster

Postby smeerbartje » 08 Apr 2013, 22:34

Is it possible to put the "previous / next" buttons on the mobile view (ttrss-mobile) on top of the screen? Even better: why not implement swipeview? For a preview, please open this on an iOS device.

xtaz
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master

Postby xtaz » 08 Apr 2013, 23:29

smeerbartje wrote:Is it possible to put the "previous / next" buttons on the mobile view (ttrss-mobile) on top of the screen? Even better: why not implement swipeview? For a preview, please open this on an iOS device.

If this is done I would rather have a configurable option in the settings for the position. I guess people requesting this want to go through their unread feeds quickly without having to scroll but I read every single article and so I would rather keep it the way it is with max screen space for the content and the button to read the next at the bottom after I've read the article. Although I second the request for a swipe, that was how the Reeder app works and is pretty intuitive. That swipeview seems to work pretty well. Could be a nice addition!

WildHairZero
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby WildHairZero » 09 Apr 2013, 18:25

Not sure if anyone cares, but I got my implementation of ttrss-mobile installed and running! I just did the 1.7.8 upgrade to TT-RSS and since it nukes the entire folder structure, I put TTRSS-Mobile outside of the TT-RSS folder. Presto it works! Sadly I have NO idea what I was doing wrong before.....

Buzz-cp
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby Buzz-cp » 10 Apr 2013, 07:51

WildHairZero wrote:Not sure if anyone cares, but I got my implementation of ttrss-mobile installed and running! I just did the 1.7.8 upgrade to TT-RSS and since it nukes the entire folder structure, I put TTRSS-Mobile outside of the TT-RSS folder. Presto it works! Sadly I have NO idea what I was doing wrong before.....

Luckily for me, I discovered this beforehand and did this. Also, I I put a symlink of the ttrss-mobile folder in my ttrss folder, so my two URLs are:

reader.mydomain.com
reader.mydomain.com/mobile

Then if/when the symlink gets nuked on update, I just relink it.
Buzz

jonb
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby jonb » 10 Apr 2013, 18:03

Maybe I should reword my earlier post. Right now, each post title cuts off at 30(?) characters with an ellipsis. How can *I* change that to include more/all of the post title? Thanks!

mboinet
Bear Rating Disaster
Bear Rating Disaster

Postby mboinet » 13 Apr 2013, 21:48

Sorry, I was disconnected for a time, I needed to take a break for my first daughter coming to the world :-)

@WildHairZeron nice to know it's working.

@jonb it looks like the default style for a header in jQueryMobile is to let a 30% margin on both left and right. I just did a commit to fix this: https://github.com/mboinet/ttrss-mobile ... 008add2a0f

Return to “Development”