Page 2 of 14

Re: Mobile webapp for TT RSS: ttrss-mobile

Posted: 20 Mar 2013, 17:40
by vincent_v
Awesome ! It is very close to the Reeder application

One question : is there any way to record the login and password to avoid entering it each time ?
Txs

Re: Mobile webapp for TT RSS: ttrss-mobile

Posted: 20 Mar 2013, 21:59
by mboinet
linuxq wrote:Are there any logs I can access?

No, just a few log lines in the Javascript console but I don't even know if you can view them on your device or a remote debugger.

vincent_v wrote:Awesome ! It is very close to the Reeder application

One question : is there any way to record the login and password to avoid entering it each time ?
Txs

I was a Reeder user an I just loved it :D

Login & password are not saved by the webapp. On Chrome on iOS, user & password are saved.
You're not alone : https://github.com/mboinet/ttrss-mobile/issues/16. I might work on that later, I'll discuss technical details in the Github issue.

Re: Mobile webapp for TT RSS: ttrss-mobile

Posted: 21 Mar 2013, 01:34
by mkl
Hallo

First of all, this is a very impressive piece of software.

There was some discussion before where to place the previous and next buttons.
I would suggest to put them with the other buttons into the headline of a feed item, so everything is directly accessible.
This would allow fast-forward flipping through pages.
I would remove the display of the previous/next page's title to conserve space.

Since there is no product version:
How can I see what has changed since my last install?
Is there an RSS feed? :-)

Grüße
Michael

Re: Mobile webapp for TT RSS: ttrss-mobile

Posted: 21 Mar 2013, 22:49
by mboinet
mkl wrote:First of all, this is a very impressive piece of software.

Thanks, but the hard job is done by Tiny Tiny RSS & the JS libs :D

mkl wrote:There was some discussion before where to place the previous and next buttons.
I would suggest to put them with the other buttons into the headline of a feed item, so everything is directly accessible.
This would allow fast-forward flipping through pages.

I put the buttons at the bottom because I thought that the basic usage was to display an article, read it, then go to the next or previous one.
But I could also put some at the top (but maybe smaller ones), we must not have to scroll to read the content of the article.

mkl wrote:I would remove the display of the previous/next page's title to conserve space.

I find it useful when you're in a special feed like new articles or all articles. And it's not wasted space as it's at the bottom.

mkl wrote:Since there is no product version:
How can I see what has changed since my last install?
Is there an RSS feed? :-)

I need to do versions. I'll work on a feature list, a todo list, a changelog and real release numbers...

Re: Mobile webapp for TT RSS: ttrss-mobile

Posted: 21 Mar 2013, 23:02
by cy8aer
What about a sticky footer? http://view.jquerymobile.com/1.3.0/docs ... s/footers/
Then you have the buttons on screen every time.

Re: Mobile webapp for TT RSS: ttrss-mobile

Posted: 21 Mar 2013, 23:04
by mboinet
I don't want to waste screen space. It's already too cramped because of the Safari toolbar.

The article view is the only one without a fixed header for the same reason.

Re: Mobile webapp for TT RSS: ttrss-mobile

Posted: 21 Mar 2013, 23:38
by fox
Okay, I've looked through the latest version and I'm removing deprecated mobile/ in favor of this one. Great job.

Re: Mobile webapp for TT RSS: ttrss-mobile

Posted: 22 Mar 2013, 00:23
by HunterZ
fox wrote:Okay, I've looked through the latest version and I'm removing deprecated mobile/ in favor of this one. Great job.

I'm assuming that ttrss-mobile will not take mobile/'s place as part of the default tt-rss install, though?

Re: Mobile webapp for TT RSS: ttrss-mobile

Posted: 22 Mar 2013, 01:38
by Usul
mboinet wrote:But I could also put some at the top (but maybe smaller ones), we must not have to scroll to read the content of the article.

I'd like to see that!

Re: Mobile webapp for TT RSS: ttrss-mobile

Posted: 22 Mar 2013, 04:19
by Aldursil
Can you make the titles for the articles word wrap? I see quite a few article titles on my phone with "..." at the end of the title.

Re: Mobile webapp for TT RSS: ttrss-mobile

Posted: 22 Mar 2013, 08:45
by fox
HunterZ wrote:I'm assuming that ttrss-mobile will not take mobile/'s place as part of the default tt-rss install, though?


Nope, but the wiki and release notes will point people who need that in the right direction; mobile/ has been deprecated for a while now so I might as well do that now that something that much better is available.

Re: Mobile webapp for TT RSS: ttrss-mobile

Posted: 22 Mar 2013, 22:31
by mboinet
Aldursil wrote:Can you make the titles for the articles word wrap? I see quite a few article titles on my phone with "..." at the end of the title.

It's expected when the header is too narrow. Is it the case for you? Are you writing about the title in the header bar or in the content (maybe I didn't undestand you clearly)?

Usul wrote:
mboinet wrote:But I could also put some at the top (but maybe smaller ones), we must not have to scroll to read the content of the article.

I'd like to see that!

In the todo list: commit

Re: Mobile webapp for TT RSS: ttrss-mobile

Posted: 23 Mar 2013, 05:17
by joseph-mx
HunterZ wrote:
fox wrote:Okay, I've looked through the latest version and I'm removing deprecated mobile/ in favor of this one. Great job.

I'm assuming that ttrss-mobile will not take mobile/'s place as part of the default tt-rss install, though?


Keep the 'mobile' apps as an addon version will be good.
do not wish to combine too many stuffs if one do not need it. :mrgreen:

Re: Mobile webapp for TT RSS: ttrss-mobile

Posted: 23 Mar 2013, 23:22
by joolz
Thanks for this great software from another Google Reader refugee :-)

I have tt-rss running fine and after the update to 1.7.5, I got (git) ttrss-mobile, enabled external API, patched index.php to go to ttrss-mobile in case of mobile. On my phone, the mobile site shows, but tells me "ajaxErrorHandlerNot Found". Should I install something in addition to the git clone of the mobile client?

Re: Mobile webapp for TT RSS: ttrss-mobile

Posted: 24 Mar 2013, 04:19
by ReineW
Ok, so my mobile get an 404 error after the upgrade. the /mobile is missing but the /index.php is still pointing to /mobile/index.php when accessing the site with a mobile. To fix it i had to edit index.php and edit the link to point to ../ttrss-mobile-master/index.html instead.