One more entry in action menu...

Development-related discussion, including bundled plugins
cy8aer
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master

One more entry in action menu...

Postby cy8aer » 31 Mar 2013, 14:56

... and it does not fit on my 1024x600 Screen anymore. What about grouping the menu in future, maybe in form of the amazon menues which seem to be the new hype in menueing on HTML5 pages?

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Re: One more entry in action menu...

Postby fox » 31 Mar 2013, 14:58

Nested popups are quite icky though in my opinion. Unless you mean something else.

cy8aer
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master

Postby cy8aer » 31 Mar 2013, 15:30

yeah right, that is a problem I see. What these amazon thingies do is more a form of grouping with a big window full of items. There were some posts in different blogs about submenues and the problems of mouse moving to the right (5px sized) position of the submenu and so on. But the amazon thingies fill the whole screen (bad news?)

Please do not missunderstant: This is no "fox do this now!" but I would like to start a brain storming how to handle the growing menu in future time because it is getting confusing with the bunch of items in one view. It is about usability purposes. You need some time to capture all items and the menu may get out of sight on too small screens. If there are other ideas than submenueing that would be a fine thing too of course.

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Postby fox » 31 Mar 2013, 15:34

tbh I agree that Actions menu has a bit too much stuff in it. Maybe some cutting is in order.

Edit: https://github.com/gothfox/Tiny-Tiny-RS ... a98dcac044

rescore feed is a debugging thing, fuck it
tag cloud, create label or filter = hotkey accessible or preferences

I have doubts toggle widescreen or switch to digest should be in there either. Especially digest since it's auto-redirected based on mobile support now. Okay, fuck digest.

Return to “Development”