ajax

Development-related discussion, including bundled plugins
Saliency
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

ajax

Postby Saliency » 02 Apr 2013, 22:59

Hi in my instance I'm modifying the select by tags function.

My objective is to be able filter by tags entered in by the user not the ones entered by the system but owned by the user.

So far I have modified the edit article tag dialog function (in rpc.php I think) to update a new column trrss_tags.creator_uid with the users uid when the add a new tag. (system tags are defaulted to 0 and left so)

Now it is easy to get the list of tags added by the user.

I have modified the SQL in dlg.php to only display the users tags but I want to make the radio box work so the users has both options. Looking at the page it looks like I should change it to make an ajax call when the user selects the radio button and then load the selection list.

Is there a particular method you would like me to use to do this?
You are using dijit right? Do you have wrapper functions I should be using?

tags.png
The last radio is My Tags.
tags.png (14.9 KiB) Viewed 1696 times

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Re: ajax

Postby fox » 02 Apr 2013, 23:06

I'm sorry but this sounds like a lot of rather unnecessary complexity for trunk. But yes, tt-rss uses dijit. You can find the great controls demo on their site.

Saliency
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby Saliency » 03 Apr 2013, 23:48

Your call on what goes in tt-rss :) I'll try to sell you on it though when I am done :P

Question: Any and All tags. This currently does nothing right? What were you planing on having it do?

Other Question: What do you think of combining search and select by tags into one dialog?

fox

Postby fox » 03 Apr 2013, 23:51

That wasn't actually written by me, the guy asked for it and provided an implementation and it wasn't disruptive to the rest of the code, so I just merged it as is. I never used it, so I have little idea of what it's supposed to do. :)

Edit: my issue is with ownable tags which is just an unpleasant overcomplicated thing or so I think.

Saliency
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby Saliency » 03 Apr 2013, 23:52

P.S. is using jQuery a total no go?

fox

Postby fox » 03 Apr 2013, 23:52

I'm not adding a third goddamn javascript framework into the mix.

jchristi
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby jchristi » 04 Apr 2013, 03:56

Saliency, Dojo has all the capabilities of jQuery and then some. It has pretty good documentation as well. If you need help with Dojo-equivalents of jQuery features, I can probably help you. I'll be on the #ttrss IRC channel on irc.freenode.net, so feel free to ping me during the daytime (EST).

Return to “Development”