Page 1 of 2

A thing

Posted: 10 Jul 2015, 15:16
by fox
so boys and girls how do you feel about this:

Image

and by this i mean layout not retarded content shown in the picture

Re: A thing

Posted: 10 Jul 2015, 16:19
by nameless
I dig it.
Is this supposed to replace default feed view or going to be optional?
Also how is this going to look when there is no image to be displayed?

BTW. Is there a reason why we have image preview on android but don't have images previews on ttrss for web? Is it this shitty to implement with dojo?

Re: A thing

Posted: 10 Jul 2015, 16:24
by fox
replace, three view types is kinda too much effort

although at this point this has multiple issues

Re: A thing

Posted: 10 Jul 2015, 16:26
by fox
what do you mean previews on the web?

Re: A thing

Posted: 10 Jul 2015, 16:31
by nameless
Having the images shown when scrolling through your feeds without having to open the article.

Re: A thing

Posted: 10 Jul 2015, 16:36
by fox
combined expanded mode?

Re: A thing

Posted: 10 Jul 2015, 17:03
by Latimer
How does it look for the dark theme?

Re: A thing

Posted: 10 Jul 2015, 17:12
by nameless
fox wrote:combined expanded mode?

Could be used as a workaround but isn't exactly what I am talking about.

Re: A thing

Posted: 10 Jul 2015, 17:27
by fox
nameless wrote:
fox wrote:combined expanded mode?

Could be used as a workaround but isn't exactly what I am talking about.


it's kind of counter productive to add a separate image gallery or something because your desktop web browser is capable of just displaying multiple posts in a list, something android listview really can't do. thus, workarounds.

i mean if i could just make a combined mode like normal tt-rss does it, i'd ditch all this specialized crap.

Re: A thing

Posted: 10 Jul 2015, 17:28
by fox
Latimer wrote:How does it look for the dark theme?


current wip

Image

Image

it doesn't work for some pics (especially smaller vertical ones where the header can eat most of the content) so i'm sort of not sure about it tbh

Re: A thing

Posted: 10 Jul 2015, 17:45
by nameless
Can you post a screenshot?

As for this web thingy I see your point.

Re: A thing

Posted: 10 Jul 2015, 17:47
by fox
Image

vs

Image

or even

Image

looks pretty bad

it is technically possible to maybe overlay only on big enough images or whatever but it's a whole separate bundle of joy because android

Re: A thing

Posted: 10 Jul 2015, 18:06
by coolius
I definitely prefer the cards, pretty indifferent to the headline.

Re: A thing

Posted: 10 Jul 2015, 18:20
by Latimer
fox wrote:
Latimer wrote:How does it look for the dark theme?


current wip

it doesn't work for some pics (especially smaller vertical ones where the header can eat most of the content) so i'm sort of not sure about it tbh

Thanks, I like how it looks.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's basically no different from the current layout (I'm running release, not beta), except that the new layout compresses vertically the article view by overlaying the article header on top of the picture. I just want to make sure we're discussing the same thing.

Re: A thing

Posted: 10 Jul 2015, 18:28
by fox
yeah, pretty much. well it is also a card so it has some shadows but that's superficial difference at best.

i dunno, the bad examples above kinda bother me. especially the pirate bay one, it looks kinda dumb.