Google Plus (Google+) Plugin

Post plugins and custom CSS snippets here
homolibere
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Google Plus (Google+) Plugin

Postby homolibere » 11 May 2012, 12:15

Hi all!
This is my plugin for sharing news in Google+ from ttrss.
Hope you enjoy it!

Suggestions, comments and other are welcome at PM or E-Mail/Jabber

googleplus.zip for <1.7
googleplus.zip for >1.7

alternatively you can find plugins in GitHub repo
Last edited by homolibere on 17 May 2013, 14:49, edited 1 time in total.

homolibere
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Re: Google Plus (Google+) Plugin

Postby homolibere » 22 Oct 2012, 10:56

Update plugin for TTRSS v 1.6
Attachments
googleplus.zip
(2.81 KiB) Downloaded 266 times

homolibere
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby homolibere » 19 Feb 2013, 19:18

Works fine on 1.7 version

jani
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby jani » 16 Mar 2013, 19:31

Any chance of tweaking it so that I could give +1's to articles irrespective of and in addition to sharing them in G+ posts? From what I can tell, giving +1's isn't currently supported by the plugin.

Google Reader had +1 tied to sharing so that in order to share on G+ I had to +1 it first. That was okay but not entirely optimal: +1 and posting on G+ about something could IMHO very well be two separate functions, so that you could

* only +1 something
* only share it in a G+ post
* do both if you like

onyxfox
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby onyxfox » 19 Mar 2013, 12:10

I was tinkering around with making a +1 button using this plugin as a template/starting point (I'm new to tt-rss and haven't had enough time to dig into the inner workings of plugin api, etc).

The problem I ran into is that the +1 button is an html div element which gets parsed by some javascript code that Google provides. This is all well and good, and easy to implement in a random webpage to +1 a specific url, but since the article(s) are rendered after the page, the +1 div doesn't seem to get processed and replaced by Google's javascript. I'll have to delve deeper into the tt-rss source to figure out how best to get the +1 button to render post-page-load, but the basic premise isn't difficult.

homolibere
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby homolibere » 17 May 2013, 13:19

update to v1.7.9
Attachments
googleplus.zip
migrate to new api v2
(4.87 KiB) Downloaded 2757 times

homolibere
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby homolibere » 17 May 2013, 13:28

jani wrote:Any chance of tweaking it so that I could give +1's to articles irrespective of and in addition to sharing them in G+ posts? From what I can tell, giving +1's isn't currently supported by the plugin.

Google Reader had +1 tied to sharing so that in order to share on G+ I had to +1 it first. That was okay but not entirely optimal: +1 and posting on G+ about something could IMHO very well be two separate functions, so that you could

* only +1 something
* only share it in a G+ post
* do both if you like

i'll look into this, but i don't know is this posible in general... because plugin needs to know which post to +1 and TTRSS might display post not only from G+ (post might be from RSS from blog or other site)

I was tinkering around with making a +1 button using this plugin as a template/starting point (I'm new to tt-rss and haven't had enough time to dig into the inner workings of plugin api, etc).

The problem I ran into is that the +1 button is an html div element which gets parsed by some javascript code that Google provides. This is all well and good, and easy to implement in a random webpage to +1 a specific url, but since the article(s) are rendered after the page, the +1 div doesn't seem to get processed and replaced by Google's javascript. I'll have to delve deeper into the tt-rss source to figure out how best to get the +1 button to render post-page-load, but the basic premise isn't difficult.

all you need is to place a button (anywhere in template) with URL like https://plus.google.com/share?url=%article_url% and google do the rest :D and you even do not need this plugin after all to use G+

Return to “Themes and plugins”