Get notified of updates to this extension - Subscribe to this thread in TT-RSS by using this feed URL!
This plugin will turn any feed from a site using Movable Type Enterprise (which a lot of newspaper sites seem to use) into a full-article feed.
(Built on antiKk's comic feed plugin.)
It does so by matching if $article["link"] includes "/index.ssf/", it then fetches the link URL contents, and replaces the RSS article content with the "entry-content" DIV from the fetched page.
PLEASE NOTE: This plugin will increase load times (and bandwidth use on your host) when subscribing to a matching feed, or when a matching feed has many new updates, because it goes out and fetches the entire article HTML for every new entry.
Unzip into /plugins and enable af_newspapers in Preferences.
Code: Select all
* Version 1.2 by craywolf 2013-04-19 @ 14:00 GMT
* - Added api_version() call
* - Removed cruft
* Version 1.1 by craywolf 2013-04-17 @ 15:22 GMT
* - Added fix for removal of $this->link in 1.7.9
* - Added "more info" link to about()
* Version 1.0 by craywolf 2013-03-26 @ 16:17 GMT
* - Initial release
- Clean up imported articles by removing irrelevant sub-divs