Reeder (iOS) integration with TT-RSS (via Fever API)

Post plugins and custom CSS snippets here
smeerbartje
Bear Rating Disaster
Bear Rating Disaster

Re: Reeder (iOS) integration with TT-RSS (via Fever API)

Postby smeerbartje » 04 Jul 2013, 10:11

Can someone explain what the "hot" category in Reeder does? How can I add articles to it in TinyTiny RSS?

dburr
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby dburr » 04 Jul 2013, 10:15

smeerbartje wrote:Can someone explain what the "hot" category in Reeder does? How can I add articles to it in TinyTiny RSS?

I believe that It's a feature of the Fever software, that TinyTinyRSS does not support.

smeerbartje
Bear Rating Disaster
Bear Rating Disaster

Postby smeerbartje » 04 Jul 2013, 10:20

dburr wrote:
smeerbartje wrote:Can someone explain what the "hot" category in Reeder does? How can I add articles to it in TinyTiny RSS?

I believe that It's a feature of the Fever software, that TinyTinyRSS does not support.

Ok, thanks...

xtaz
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master

Postby xtaz » 04 Jul 2013, 12:09

If you go into the account settings for fever you can switch off some things and make it only do what it actually supports so it looks better. Switch off Refresh on Server, and Sync Hot Links.

And I have been testing since I made my last comments, and it does definitely look like switching off Image caching for Unread/Starred items does actually fix the broken images as well. I haven't seen a single broken image since I did that. Need to try and track down what it's doing wrong there. But first thoughts are that a strange image filename is being translated wrong somewhere. Characters not being escaped, being double escaped. It could even be when the fever plugin writes/extracts the content from the database. Because it does it directly rather than over the API it might be doing something weird there too.

mikkelnl
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby mikkelnl » 04 Jul 2013, 13:06

Hi!

Question: I'm using a Category on my TT-RSS setup, which has some feeds I don't want displayed in 'Fresh Articels', to achieve this I have a rule set up, which gives the feeds in this Category a -1 score. So on my webview in TT-RSS they stay out of the Fresh Articles.

However, the do show up in Reeder, using this awesome plugin... Is it possible to achieve the same result in Reeder?

LifeWOutMilk
Bear Rating Disaster
Bear Rating Disaster

Postby LifeWOutMilk » 04 Jul 2013, 18:59

mikkelnl wrote:Hi!

Question: I'm using a Category on my TT-RSS setup, which has some feeds I don't want displayed in 'Fresh Articels', to achieve this I have a rule set up, which gives the feeds in this Category a -1 score. So on my webview in TT-RSS they stay out of the Fresh Articles.

However, the do show up in Reeder, using this awesome plugin... Is it possible to achieve the same result in Reeder?

Updated your other thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2378. Should fix your problem assuming this plugin uses the API.

mikkelnl
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby mikkelnl » 04 Jul 2013, 19:10

LifeWOutMilk wrote:

Updated your other thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2378. Should fix your problem assuming this plugin uses the API.

Thanks, will give it a try!

mikkelnl
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby mikkelnl » 04 Jul 2013, 23:14

LifeWOutMilk wrote:

Unfortunatelly, I guess this plugin doesn't use the api, cause the articles are hidden from Fresh Articles, but they do show up in Reeder... No big issue, would simply be cool if it did work ;)

eller82
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby eller82 » 05 Jul 2013, 20:19

I was trying to use it with "Mr. Reader". It allows to login but the application directly breaks down when trying to do the sync, did anybody else had the issue already and maybe know a solution?

Just realized I was not using the latest version from Github. With that one it is working perfectly fine.

marc123
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

no https compatibility

Postby marc123 » 07 Jul 2013, 21:14

Hi,

Tried your plugin today and must say THANK YOU!
I did notice one thing though. I had to define the server url as http instead of https, which I have working for normal tt-rss web access. Is the plug-in incompatible with https?

Cheers!

xtaz
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master

Postby xtaz » 08 Jul 2013, 08:02

Works fine for me with https. In fact my tt-rss installation is ONLY available on https, http will just give a 404 not found. Anything in your log files to suggest what's going on? One suggestion is maybe you're using a self signed certificate and not one that the iphone recognises as trusted? I use one from startssl which is automatically trusted.

Bierfreund
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby Bierfreund » 08 Jul 2013, 09:35

I really like your plugin, i use it to read my feeds with Mr. Reader in iOS.
One thing i miss: tt-rss has the option to order your feeds in the preferences.
The plugin seems to ignore the feed order in tt-rss.
Does the fever API not offer the possibility, or is it something that can be fixed from your side, what would be great!

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Postby fox » 08 Jul 2013, 12:31

Code: Select all

function getUnreadItemIds()
   {
      $unreadItemIdsCSV = "";
      $result = $this->dbh->query("SELECT ref_id, unread
                      FROM ttrss_user_entries
                      WHERE owner_uid = '" . db_escape_string($_SESSION["uid"]) . "'");

while ($line = $this->dbh->fetch_assoc($result))
      {
         if (sql_bool_to_bool($line["unread"]))
            $unreadItemIdsCSV .= $line["ref_id"] . ",";
      }
      $unreadItemIdsCSV = trim($unreadItemIdsCSV, ",");

return $unreadItemIdsCSV;
   }

I just

Bierfreund
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby Bierfreund » 09 Jul 2013, 10:47

is this a solution for my question? I'm not into coding, so i'm not sure. I can see that the piece of code contains ItemsIds, so at least it's possible ;)

XianPalin
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby XianPalin » 09 Jul 2013, 16:27

Bierfreund wrote:is this a solution for my question? I'm not into coding, so i'm not sure. I can see that the piece of code contains ItemsIds, so at least it's possible ;)

Pretty sure he's saying that this isn't the best code. Doing a large select, then looping over the items and only picking the unread ones is impractical. The code should just have "and not read" in the select statement. That would be a lot more efficient than getting back all unread and read, and then using only the unread.

Return to “Themes and plugins”