Notification

DanielMalmgren
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Notification

Postby DanielMalmgren » 17 Nov 2012, 17:19

Hi.
I'm completely new to tt-rss. I stumbled over it yesterday (never heard of it before) and since I'm a believer in hosting stuff myself instead of being dependant on somebody else I immediately liked it. I'm a big user of Google Reader from before, so what I'd like now is to replace it completely with tt-rss.

So far, so good. The only thing I really miss after some hours of tweaking is some good notification. For Google Reader I use an addon called Google Reader Watcher which tells me immediately when I've got something to read and also displays a counter of unread feeds in the top of the browser. I've searched for a while and I can't seem to find anything similar for tt-rss (other than a very old FF addon that doesn't work anymore). So is there any good solution that I've missed? On my laptop I use Windows 7 and Firefox, it would do with either something in Windows or in FF.

And I've got about the same question for the Android app. It's very good and all, but I need to actually start it to see if I've got anything to read. Why no widget?

/Daniel

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Re: Notification

Postby fox » 17 Nov 2012, 21:27

DanielMalmgren
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby DanielMalmgren » 17 Nov 2012, 22:04

fox

Postby fox » 18 Nov 2012, 01:02

DanielMalmgren
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby DanielMalmgren » 18 Nov 2012, 13:07

Ok. I first thought this was some kind of serious project, but now I get the feeling that you are pulling my leg. Of course I've searched in those places (and a heck load of other as well). All I find is addons for Opera, Chrome and really really ancient versions of Firefox. So what you are saying is to get notifications I either have to switch browser completely or downgrade my Firefox to a version from 2010?

I'm sorry, I have no intention to be rude here and I think you've done a great job with this project but your way of treating new users is really astonishing. If I say I've searched for hours, why would I lie? And before you call me a lier, why don't you check the links you provide yourself?

/Daniel

blainemono
Gaping Anus of Eternity
Gaping Anus of Eternity

Postby blainemono » 18 Nov 2012, 14:02

At this forum, new users are bear rated FOR HOURS

Trust me, when I say hours I mean hours and not trousers, because I am not a lier!

/Umadiel

fox

Postby fox » 18 Nov 2012, 16:39

DanielMalmgren
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby DanielMalmgren » 18 Nov 2012, 17:13

helt
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby helt » 20 Nov 2012, 22:08

funny dude :) getting privacy for free and complaining about it ^^

nonetheless i'd like to ask if I may get the permission to clean up the "Related Software" Wiki page...

paddlaren
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby paddlaren » 23 Nov 2012, 10:50

Hi Daniel,
Hope you still are on notification.

I don't know about any special plug-in but every folder in TT-RSS is a feed itself. You can easily subscribe to folder "Special Folders/"Fresh Articles" in a desktop RSS reader and have the new items there.
To find the feed URL, open the feed in TTRSS and top left in the headings list there is a RSS icon to click. The URL will show up in a popup.
So if there are a general RSS feed listener plugin you may as well use that.

The same thing goes for every feed and folder within TT-RSS. I use this to publish things on my blogg. I set a label to the article I want on my blogg and the blogg is subscribing the the label feed.

BR
Erik

Return to “Comedy bistro”