60 items

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Re: 60 items

Postby fox » 03 Jan 2014, 03:07

I have a solution for you but I'm not sure if you'll like it.

dlohan
Joy Division

Postby dlohan » 03 Jan 2014, 03:10

fox wrote:I have a solution for you but I'm not sure if you'll like it.

A bit late to turn sensitive on me at this stage! :D

sleeper_service
Bear Rating Overlord
Bear Rating Overlord

Postby sleeper_service » 03 Jan 2014, 03:41

dlohan wrote:Actually it wasn't. You have a knack for saying a lot while falling far short of the point ... a bit like this forum and the frontpage. It is about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike. Not sure what the point of this forum is BTW. Not exactly full of solutions!

I do appreciate your newfound reverence humble serf. :D

you're amazing.

the specific post you liked to:

Code: Select all

gReader v3.2.4 beta
    http://www.greader.co/beta

Try out the new beta with Tiny Tiny RSS support.
    On Login view select Tiny Tiny RSS and enter your login data:
    - Server: Installation path of your TT-RSS (http://example.dom/tt-rss/)
    - Username & Password: 

TT-RSS api does not support all features of the system.
    Some features are missing:
    - Update unread status from server
    - Syncing items is limited to 60 for each request. Syncing on mobile data could be slow.

I tried it and sync works fine with one device.
+ Synced articles look pretty good and some of them look better then synced with Google Reader.
+ Sync of starred articles work
- Not updating unread status from server means also that syncing does only work really with on device.

This leads into some issues that make nearly unasable for me. Normally I read my feeds on my Nexus 7 and sometimes on my Nexus 4, btu I see NO update n my N4 when I read some articles on my N7!

I love gReader and paid for Pro. So fix this issues, please!

Thanks in advance,
tom

was talking about greader, which is a mobile client, and a limitation in the ttrss api which lead to only syncing 60 articles at a time.

how's that foot of yours taste?

do, please, continue showing your ass here, this forum exists for poeple like you, so that people that have a clue can laugh at your absurdity, and, occasionally other things that might somehow relate to ttrss being run by a clueful individual.

if you ever get one, please do let us know... we're all ears, in the meantime, we're just :lol:

sleeper_service
Bear Rating Overlord
Bear Rating Overlord

Postby sleeper_service » 03 Jan 2014, 03:43

fox wrote:no you see the wiki page is too poorly written, furthermore

darn you, and your poor writing skills, darn you to heck!

hrk
Bear Rating Disaster
Bear Rating Disaster

Postby hrk » 03 Jan 2014, 04:02

dlohan wrote:
fox wrote:I have a solution for you but I'm not sure if you'll like it.

A bit late to turn sensitive on me at this stage! :D

This is pure gold. He's too good to be true, must be a lol-bot.

dlohan
Joy Division

Postby dlohan » 03 Jan 2014, 12:32

sleeper_service wrote:you're amazing.

Thanks. That's progress of some form at least.

sleeper_service wrote:you're amazing.
was talking about greader, which is a mobile client, and a limitation in the ttrss api which lead to only syncing 60 articles at a time.

how's that foot of yours taste?

do, please, continue showing your ass here, this forum exists for poeple like you, so that people that have a clue can laugh at your absurdity, and, occasionally other things that might somehow relate to ttrss being run by a clueful individual.

if you ever get one, please do let us know... we're all ears, in the meantime, we're just :lol:

In English?

It's not related to syncing. Fair enough. But if you were half as smart as you think you are, or 80% as smart as I think you are, you'd be able to address the limitation encountered.

fox

Postby fox » 03 Jan 2014, 12:45

loool

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

sleeper_service
Bear Rating Overlord
Bear Rating Overlord

Postby sleeper_service » 03 Jan 2014, 13:41

dlohan wrote:In English?

It's not related to syncing. Fair enough. But if you were half as smart as you think you are, or 80% as smart as I think you are, you'd be able to address the limitation encountered.

after going back and reading your first two posts, and seeing how you casually use words as if you knew what they mean, but then arranging them in ways that make little sense, and cloud the issue, I've decided that I'm not half smart enough to decipher what you think you're doing, much less what you actually are doing, since you've not bothered to mention anything of substance, and instead clouded the issue with cryptic references to things like oldsite, newsite, myfolder, and other made up shit, and nary a version or any hard details to be scene.

a sensible individual would have written a script and exported all your old drivel from joomla and into ttrss by now, but not you, you chose to spend your time being entertaining, instead.... for that, we thank, and laugh at, you.

dlohan
Joy Division

Postby dlohan » 03 Jan 2014, 16:12

sleeper_service wrote:
dlohan wrote:In English?

after going back and reading your first two posts, and seeing how you casually use words as if you knew what they mean, but then arranging them in ways that make little sense, and cloud the issue, I've decided that I'm not half smart enough to decipher what you think you're doing, much less what you actually are doing, since you've not bothered to mention anything of substance, and instead clouded the issue with cryptic references to things like oldsite, newsite, myfolder, and other made up shit, and nary a version or any hard details to be scene.

a sensible individual would have written a script and exported all your old drivel from joomla and into ttrss by now, but not you, you chose to spend your time being entertaining, instead.... for that, we thank, and laugh at, you.

I have to admit that you guys are an absolute scream. Can't remember when I enjoyed posting a question on a forum as much.

Clearly some take great pride in knowing the product, supposedly, inside out. The fact that they are so expert and yet unable to address the simple question I have posed doesn't challenge their self-proclaimed expertise. Theirs truly is a Tiny Tiny world.

Thanks for the entertainment.

dlohan
Joy Division

Postby dlohan » 03 Jan 2014, 16:38

Incidently I found the source of the problem. The documentation at http://tt-rss.org/redmine/projects/tt-r ... ratedFeeds states that there is a limit:

limit - amount of articles to output, default: 30

However my RSS' were outputting 60 items so searches for 60 item limits on TT-RSS yielded very little. When I manually added the parameter
&limit=500
for example to the RSS the number outputted was increased to 500 items. The parameter was inserted into the RSS between the ID and the KEY parameters so that it read:

https://login.tinytinyrss-servers.com/public.php?op=rss&id=1431&limit=500&key=956d669a37c190f91ad93f117777263351e41188

Simple solution. No scripting required.

fox

Postby fox » 03 Jan 2014, 17:12

hope you didn't get a headache reading the poorly written wiki page

e: or worse

dlohan
Joy Division

Postby dlohan » 03 Jan 2014, 17:15

Nothing some paracetamol couldn't fix. :wink:

blainemono
Gaping Anus of Eternity
Gaping Anus of Eternity

Postby blainemono » 03 Jan 2014, 17:22

I for once is at least 75% as smart as you think your momma is fat.

sleeper_service
Bear Rating Overlord
Bear Rating Overlord

Postby sleeper_service » 03 Jan 2014, 18:19

dlohan wrote:Incidently I found the source of the problem. The documentation at http://tt-rss.org/redmine/projects/tt-r ... ratedFeeds states that there is a limit:

I'm pretty certain that the problem is sitting between your keyboard and chair...

you started out with some weird oldsite to newsite myfolder crap, and complaining that it was limited, and then you proceeded to insult the author of the software, making it certain that you'd get no help whatsoever, now you pat yourself on the back for finding some limit on something that you never stated you were trying to do.

well done.

and, btw, I'm just here to keep sleezeballs from spamming, and while I may consider what spews forth from your fingers as spam, the guy in charge views it as entertainment... so, keep it up!

e: on reflection, why am I wasting my time trying to communicate with someone so developmentally challenged as yourself...

fox

Postby fox » 03 Jan 2014, 18:44

puppet master defense right on schedule

"no guys it was *me* who was trolling you guys, thanks for the *entertainment*"

*sobs, continues to be unable to communicate simple questions over the internet*

Return to “Comedy bistro”