Update daemon is not running

If you run tt-rss on an officially unsupported platform (shared hosting, Windows, etc.) post here
fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Re: Update daemon is not running

Postby fox » 26 May 2013, 23:29

Comedy ruining needs to be a tempbannable offense.

sleeper_service
Bear Rating Overlord
Bear Rating Overlord

Postby sleeper_service » 27 May 2013, 02:53

gordol wrote:
fox wrote:The whole document is almost two pages of text which makes it basically impossible to read completely without bursting into tears because of all the effort involved. I never asked for this, poster gordol cries. I only wanted to find the answer! Q_Q

Which document? This one: http://tt-rss.org/redmine/projects/tt-rss/wiki/UpdatingFeeds ?

Dear Fox:

It has come to my attention that the entrance bar to posting in your support forum is too low, allowing complete drooling morons with 13 years of technical support experience to post.

Anybody that cannot tell the difference in 'FAQ' and "UpdatingFeeds" surely should either be barred from posting, or be automatically moved into the "humor" forum.

I had to go back and check again, to make sure that my mind wasn't playing tricks on me, but, no, as I remembered, the letters "FAQ" were indeed right there at the head of the list of other links on the main tt-rss.org page.

Please fix this problem at your earliest convenience, raising the bar, perhaps with one of those signs like they have at amusement parks, "You must be this tall to post".

Sincerly,
the Sleeper Service.

sleeper_service
Bear Rating Overlord
Bear Rating Overlord

Postby sleeper_service » 27 May 2013, 02:55

xaberus wrote:Ok let me be the killjoy, ...

If you did not find the FAQ, no matter the reason why, you could use the fact, that makes open source great. Just grep for the error message and you get the source of the error.

his mommy probably never showed him how to grep things, you killjoy.

sleeper_service
Bear Rating Overlord
Bear Rating Overlord

Postby sleeper_service » 27 May 2013, 03:10

gordol wrote:
fox wrote:The best part about your impotent rage is that the question you are struggling with is in the FAQ.

I want to learn but I CANNOT FIND THE ANSWER. You say it's in the FAQ, can you at least point me to a search or category that will enable it to be found?

baby... what do you think the 'FAQ" is? don't cry, just tell us, we want to learn.

fox

Postby fox » 27 May 2013, 08:48

sleeper_service wrote:Please fix this problem at your earliest convenience, raising the bar, perhaps with one of those signs like they have at amusement parks, "You must be this tall to post".

There was this one guy who emailed me recently about not being able to pass the forum registration test. So the system is working (sort of).

gordol
Joy Division

Postby gordol » 27 May 2013, 18:33

xuo wrote:Hi,

I think what you are looking for is :http://tt-rss.org/redmine/projects/tt-rss/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions
and particularly :
I have used the update daemon before, but switched away from it. However, the UI keeps nagging me about the daemon not running.

Xuo.

Thank you. Finally, someone who is civil enough to help someone find the answer.

dank4000
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby dank4000 » 29 May 2013, 19:49

Well after first attempting to install on a shared host, then a windows host, then installing Wamp on a localhost and reading the sheer anger coming from Fox... I still couldn't get it working! Truely shared hosting & windows is not a good idea for this script.

This is a pity in my opinion but If I was spending weeks developing this I guess I'd want to focus on new features and improvements for the core userbase rather than having to provide support for a million different configurations.

To cut a long story short, I ended up installing Ubuntu and TinyRSS http://www.webupd8.org/2013/05/tiny-tiny-rss-ubuntu-ppa-google-reader.html

The Daemon is laser quick and I can finally enjoy this great piece of software. Thanks for the hard work.

For those windows users out there - unless you know what you are doing - (I Don't) then probably best to go with a linux install!

fox

Postby fox » 29 May 2013, 20:43

first comment <3

Seems like an awful lot of work for an RRS reader. :/

Return to “Unsupported platforms”