Feed timeout

If you run tt-rss on an officially unsupported platform (shared hosting, Windows, etc.) post here
Sciamano
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Feed timeout

Postby Sciamano » 25 Feb 2014, 18:13

Hi,
I've installed TT-RSS on my Hostgator shared hosting space (although I don't think this is the cause of the following problem).
It's working decently, except for one feed, which gives this error: "MVNO News: 28 connect() timed out!"
The feed is at http://www.mvnonews.com/feed/ and it works perfectly when opened in a browser (and also feedly can read it correctly). It opens promptly, so the timeout error looks strange to me.
Also, reading the same feed through feedburner works, so there should be nothing wrong with the feed itself.
Any suggestions? I've searched the forum for solutions, but I haven't found anything that looks applicable here.
Thanks

pahles
Bear Rating Disaster
Bear Rating Disaster

Re: Feed timeout

Postby pahles » 25 Feb 2014, 20:10

The feed is working fine here.

Which version of TT-RSS are you using? Which database? To many unknown variables...

Sciamano
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby Sciamano » 25 Feb 2014, 21:51

I'm using the latest version of TT-RSS (I've just installed it), with MySQL.
I've also tried installing TT-RSS on OpenShift (but I don't know which version gets installed there) with PostgreSQL and even there that feed goes to error 28.

sleeper_service
Bear Rating Overlord
Bear Rating Overlord

Postby sleeper_service » 25 Feb 2014, 21:59

maybe the feed source is blocking your hosting provider.

try using curl or wget to pull the feed from your hosting provider, not your web browser.

Sciamano
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby Sciamano » 26 Feb 2014, 00:58

What are the chances that two different hosts (hostgator and openshift) block the feed of a harmless and obscure italian website? (Or viceversa) :)
Anyway it's not a big deal, I can still access the feed through feedburner, but I was curious about what could be the cause of this behavior, considering that theoldreader and feedly both "see" this feed.

sleeper_service
Bear Rating Overlord
Bear Rating Overlord

Postby sleeper_service » 26 Feb 2014, 01:21

no, the question is what are the chances that some obscure italian website blocks annoying traffic from both hostigator and openshit?

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Postby fox » 26 Feb 2014, 08:58

I've just subscribed to the feed in question so it definitely doesn't block tt-rss specifically.

Sciamano
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby Sciamano » 26 Feb 2014, 19:03

I can't understand why this happens on two different hosts, with different machines and different OSes.
But until the feedburner workaround works, it's not a big deal. I was just curious to understand why this is happening, but I can survive. :)

tob
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby tob » 06 Mar 2014, 12:33

First I'd find out to which IP that domain resolves on both systems.

Return to “Unsupported platforms”