How to update the openshift quickstart installation?

If you run tt-rss on an officially unsupported platform (shared hosting, Windows, etc.) post here
aled
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

How to update the openshift quickstart installation?

Postby aled » 31 Mar 2014, 20:26

I have installed an openshift quickstart instance for TTR. Everything is working ok. The installation is version 1.9 so I want to update to the latest version. The problem is that is not clear how to do it. As far as I can tell I should update to openshift git from the project git repository but I can't find a git working directory in the instance from where to pull the changes.
Perhaps there is something obvious I'm missing about how openshift works.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Alejandro

aled
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Re: How to update the openshift quickstart installation?

Postby aled » 31 Mar 2014, 23:27

I misunderstood badly the process of updating and how Openshift uses git.
From what I can now understand Openshift creates a git repository in my instance. In my case is in ~/git/ttr.git. The url of this repository can be found in the Openshift web console, in the applications tab. At the right of the page there is a "source code" field from which the url can be copied.
Then I must clone that repository to my home PC (i.e. the local machine).
After that use the git fetch command to retrieve changes from the 'origin' repository. In the case of the quickstart it seems to have been automatically configured pointing to https://github.com/openshift-quickstart ... quickstart.
Next use the git push to send the updated sources back to the openshift instance. Openshift should detect the changes and automatically deploy them.

That´s the theory. I tried it but I can't see any changes. In the directory app-deployments there are not new deployments. Also the github repository doesn't seem to have an update of the versión, only changes of documentation.

Any comment will be welcomed.

Alejandro

LifeWOutMilk
Bear Rating Disaster
Bear Rating Disaster

Postby LifeWOutMilk » 01 Apr 2014, 10:18

You would need to clone your OpenShift repo, update the files in the php directory (from the original sources not from the quickstart repo) and push the new changes.

aled
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby aled » 01 Apr 2014, 23:50

I started again. Cloned the repository from my instance but then added as a remote git repository this repository https://github.com/disconn3ct/tiny_tiny ... quickstart instead of the original repository. It seems a fork that supports openshift upgrading and is updated to ttr 1.2.
I had to merge the openshift quickstart with the remote. I did choose to overwrite with the remote versions. The only problem was with the feedly theme but for some reason gave me problems (something with it being a submodule) but somehow I made git accept to accept it was gone.
Then git push (took a while) made all the migrations and in the first login as admin ttr migrated the database.
Only minor annoyances so far. Feedly theme is gone, the actions pulldown button is not visible at first (appears if I resize the window though).

Return to “Unsupported platforms”