End of Feed, autoread => Next feed

Request new functionality here
Tscherno
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

End of Feed, autoread => Next feed

Postby Tscherno » 25 Mar 2013, 14:56

Hi,

i have a feature request: When reaching the end of a feed and auto mark as read and show next feed is active, the next feed should be selected (same behaviour as clicking on "Mark everything read").

zxmon21
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Re: End of Feed, autoread => Next feed

Postby zxmon21 » 21 May 2013, 17:27

I second this :)

The behavior I would appreciate to see is:

When selecting the last article in a feed
and when the user uses keyboard shortcuts to go to the next article (e.g. <SPACE> or <N>)
proceed to the next feed with unread articles.

edheil
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby edheil » 21 May 2013, 17:54

This would be a great thing. I don't know the software well enough to know if this is already possible to do with the clever use of shortcuts, but this is my ideal interface for a feed reader (Inspired by NetNewsWire and similar programs) --

* Hitting SPACE, if you're on an article, either scrolls down the article, or if you're done with the article, takes you to the next unread article, or if you're done with articles in that feed, take you to the next unread article in the next feed.

* There is also an easy key combo to go directly to the next article in case you hit a long article you don't want to scroll all the way through, you just want to go to the next article.

Actually if you stay within "Fresh Articles" you don't have to worry about going from one feed to the next. And between "next article" with n and the scroll keys you're pretty close to it right here.

So I really don't have much to complain about. Probably as I get used to the keyboard shortcuts I'll find out a way to read articles exactly the way I like to here. I just wanted to throw a little support behind this idea of "just hit the damn spacebar and what you want to happen next, will happen next." It's a good one, and it's been in good feed readers for a long time.

Either way, I'm really happy with the program and have waved goodbye to google reader.

lyallp
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby lyallp » 12 Sep 2013, 15:13

Ah, I just found this post, when I asked for the same thing.

I third this (whilst I go find my post and delete it because it is now superflous).

...Lyall

evilbunny
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby evilbunny » 20 Nov 2013, 09:03

I'd like this too.

Return to “Feature requests”