Photoblog-centric Tweaks / Options

Request new functionality here
BadServo
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Photoblog-centric Tweaks / Options

Postby BadServo » 05 Apr 2013, 23:56

Firstly, let me thank Fox and everyone that's worked towards improving this lovely piece of software. Since the GReader shutdown announcement, I've lost tons of time testing about 2 dozen alternatives, and each has had a critical flaw that has limited it's usefulness. TTRSS has no such flaws. That said, there are a few improvements that would make things perfect.

I've read every subject in this section of the forum and could not find anything that specifically addresses these points, so my apologies if I've missed it.

1) I've noticed in the "Edit Feed" options that you can enable image caching. I follow several high post-count photoblogs and tumblrs via RSS/Atom. Many of these sites slow down considerably during peak times when I'm trying to catch up, but work great in the evenings when I sleep. The option to cache the images on these categories would be ideal, since waiting on sluggish thumbnails to load wouldn't slow down my reading experience. Currently, I can find no method for enabling image caching globally or on a per category basis. If it possible to add such an option? The prospect of manually editing each feed individually is a bit daunting.

2) As mentioned above, I follow high-volume image blogs where a post is generally nothing more than a single large image. These types of feeds are in their own category. On some alternative feed readers there exists a view mode that displays the contents of the feed as a sheet of thumbnails. This allows me to quickly scroll through them and open the ones I want, then marking the remainder as read. While navigating each post individually in TTRSS is certainly functional, it isn't as efficient. Would it be possible to add just a view mode in addition to the expanded view and compact views. Attached is a quick mockup based on other services.

Again thanks for your efforts and taking the time to read this request.
Attachments
mockup.jpg
Mosaic Mode Mockup
mockup.jpg (162.42 KiB) Viewed 1869 times

BadServo
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Re: Photoblog-centric Tweaks / Options

Postby BadServo » 10 Apr 2013, 17:41

My apologies. I just discovered that you can globally enable image caching in the "feeds" tab of the preferences screen by selecting and editing all feeds. So please disregard that request. Anyone have insight on the feasibility of the thumb-sheet view implementation?

IvanRaide
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Re: Photoblog-centric Tweaks / Options

Postby IvanRaide » 12 Sep 2014, 16:26

I am also looking for something like this. Thumbnail would be ideal, but if you could assign a view type per category that would be helpful, (if you can do that already I havent figured out/found how).
Right now, I Shift+F/C to switch back and forth.

Return to “Feature requests”