Open tt-rss in Firefox sidebar

Request new functionality here
Marty
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Open tt-rss in Firefox sidebar

Postby Marty » 03 May 2013, 01:40

Dear TT-RSS community,

For several years I have been using Google Reader. Thanks to the tweak I found on http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/internet/firefox/tweak-google-reader-iphone-edition-in-your-firefox-sidebar/ I could - using the iPhone Edition of Google Reader modified with a Greasemonkey script - open Google Reader in the sidebar of my Firefox. This was, and is still, the best way I could imagine to read my RSS feeds (far better than installing a sidebar-based RSS extension like Brief that slows my Firefox down).

Of all the web based RSS readers out there, I chose TT-RSS and installed it on my server, hoping that is would be the most customizable.

:arrow: So is there a way to use TT-RSS from the Firefox sidebar - so that I can click on the article's headline to open it in the main window? :?: :?: :?:
Is there a "mobile" version of TT-RSS I could use for this purpose? Or maybe a Greasemonkey/Stylish script?

Any idea would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Marty

rwd
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Re: Open tt-rss in Firefox sidebar

Postby rwd » 03 May 2013, 11:27

Isn't this just a matter of opening links with middle click? Otherwise hack the code to make the links open in target="_blank" .

Useful for the sidebar might be to remove width restriction.

Marty
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby Marty » 12 May 2013, 22:34

rwd, thank you for your answer!

Opening links with middle click works fine for me, in tt-rss as well as in the Google Reader in my Firefox sidebar.

:arrow: TT-RSS should fit in the Firefox sidebar. I would like to keep its standard width which should be about 215 px.

To demonstrate what my Google Reader in the Firefox sidebar looks like, here are three screenshots:

I would really love to continue reading my feeds from the sidebar..
:arrow: Maybe someone could create a theme / CSS stylesheet to adapt TT-RSS to the sidebar...?

Thanks for your help!

Marty
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby Marty » 30 Jun 2013, 19:48

One day before Google Reader's death I found a way to use tt-rss in my Firefox sidebar: g2ttrss-mobile (see this forum thread) :D

I think this thread can be closed! Thanks!

Return to “Feature requests”