Not long ago Google announced that it would close it's popular reader, People from around the globe started looking for a replacement online reader with the same features and functionality.
I too was a Google reader user and most of my online time was spent reading my feeds. Is there a reason that we read feeds instead of carelessly browsing around the web and submitting your computer to the many bullshit Trojans, viruses, ad ware, etc. that you encounter? Of course there is, we feed readers understand the importance of safety and security. Or so I hope.
So Google dumped you.
1. Get Over It
2. You Found TTRSS
3. It's only complicated for the casual computer user. (Ex: not everybody knows how to play nice with a server, or some don't even know what a server is)
4. Most Home users have a pc that can do the job... just need a little walking through... (search windows install)
5. My suggestion, take time to walk through the wiki and read the forums. (It's a must)
6. The current version of TTRSS is so...SOO way ahead of what Google Reader ever was. If you are here because Google shit on you. Take a few days and read the forum. Experiment, Fork your own version...
What ever you decide to do, remember that this is one persons pet project and you came here looking for a replacement.
Fox has provided us with open source code so that we can build what we think our version of Google's Reader should be.
7. Now Go learn some PHP and build your perfect Google Reader Replacement...
Request new functionality here
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests