[css] floatingTitle for read and unread posts

Request new functionality here
flosch
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

[css] floatingTitle for read and unread posts

Postby flosch » 15 Jul 2013, 19:31

I'm using the trunk version of tt-rss from git, and it recently added a floatingTitle bar that appears when the title of a posts leaves the visible area. Very cool, I like it. However, at the moment, the post title is always gray (in the default theme), like it is with read posts for the "old", standard title bars (cdmHeader class in the CSS). Is it possible to change this so the floatingTitle reflects read/unread status of the posts by making the title font black for unread posts and gray for read posts?

I had a look into the HTML, but couldn't find an obvious CSS property like "unread" on the floatingTitle to match, so i could fiddle with it in my local theme. Is there one that I missed, or is there currently nothing to match on to distinguish between a floatingTitle of read and unread posts?

I decided to post it here, because it feels to me like a decent feature, because it would match the current look of the non-floating title bars. If you think it doesn't make sense, it would be great if you could tell me whether there is an easy CSS property to match on to do that in my personal theme.

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Re: [css] floatingTitle for read and unread posts

Postby fox » 16 Jul 2013, 05:25

Yeah, it's a limitation of the way floating title works and unread classes applied to the row, not title.

e: There's an experimental hack in trunk now which does the trick, but it might not update properly in all cases. Please test.

flosch
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Re: [css] floatingTitle for read and unread posts

Postby flosch » 16 Jul 2013, 06:20

First impression: looking good.

I'll keep you updated if I notice anything wonky.

Return to “Feature requests”