Starre arbitrary URL (i.e. URL not in a feed)

Request new functionality here
Redgis
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Starre arbitrary URL (i.e. URL not in a feed)

Postby Redgis » 02 Sep 2013, 01:07

Hi everyone,

I just discovered tt-rss. I originally used Google Reader, then moved on to Feedly, which is getting more and more user-unfriendly and usage-restrictive, to my opinion.
And so I came to tt-rss, and just installed it successfully. So first I wanted to thank Andrew Dolgov and the community for this nice open source software.

Now I have a feature question. I usually starre articles that are in my feeds. But sometimes (actually quite often) I end up reading an article that isn't in any of my feeds, and want to mark it as "starred". What I mean by this is "put it somewhere in my feed reader where I can come back later and re-read or finish reading it, or just read it later".
Is there a way to mark such an article "out of nowhere" as starred in tt-rss ?

PS: I made several searches in the forum with keywords like URL, mark, starre, but didn"t find anything. I also checked the faq on
PS2: this is not a "behave more like Google Reader" request ^^
PS3: my english may sound strange as I am not a native speaker, sorry, don't hesitate to ask precisions if I wasn't clear!

Redgis

Redgis
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Re: Starre arbitrary URL (i.e. URL not in a feed)

Postby Redgis » 02 Sep 2013, 01:36

syh
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby syh » 02 Sep 2013, 02:33

Take a look at the ShareAnything plugin. You should also read this page on Archived Feeds, to see how it is related to what you're looking for, I think.

JustAMacUser
Bear Rating Overlord
Bear Rating Overlord

Postby JustAMacUser » 02 Sep 2013, 05:07

You can also check out the "bookmarklets" plugin, which I think is included with the core. It lets you have a bookmarklet that will add arbitrary URLs to the Published Articles special feed, however, you'll just get the title and a link to the originating page--no content unless you add it when using the bookmarklet.

Masiosare
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby Masiosare » 02 Sep 2013, 07:25

Another option is just send the page you are watching to another service (like readability, for example) and then consume that feed

http://help.readability.com/customer/po ... ding-list-

Redgis
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Postby Redgis » 02 Sep 2013, 11:44

Ah, that's a bunch of answers. Thank you all. I will check these options and come back to share my experience (may help others).

JustAMacUser
Bear Rating Overlord
Bear Rating Overlord

Postby JustAMacUser » 03 Sep 2013, 03:43

Masiosare wrote:Another option is just send the page you are watching to another service (like readability, for example) and then consume that feed

I didn't even think of this, which is odd because this is what I do.

Return to “Feature requests”