RSS feeds from private blogs

Request new functionality here
sciurius
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

RSS feeds from private blogs

Postby sciurius » 09 Sep 2013, 17:48

Weblogs from blogspot cs. that are marked private do not provide RSS feeds. Since I read most blogs via TTRSS this is annoying.

So I was thinking... It should be possible to write a small script that accesses the blog, using my username/password info, and extracts the necessary information to create a pseudo-RSS feed that TTRSS can use to aggregate.

Before trying to do so: Did anyone already write such a script?

xtaz
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master

Re: RSS feeds from private blogs

Postby xtaz » 09 Sep 2013, 18:18

I have a script that I use to access an RSS feed that shows different data depending on if I'm logged in to the website or not. Basically I just use curl functions in PHP to log into the website, store a session cookie, and then use that session cookie to fetch the RSS feed before outputting it back out of the script. I guess that's the start of what you want, but it sounds like you also want HTML screen-scraping stuff which I don't do.

sciurius
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Re: RSS feeds from private blogs

Postby sciurius » 04 Jun 2014, 15:03

sciurius wrote:Weblogs from blogspot cs. that are marked private do not provide RSS feeds. Since I read most blogs via TTRSS this is annoying.

So I was thinking... It should be possible to write a small script that accesses the blog, using my username/password info, and extracts the necessary information to create a pseudo-RSS feed that TTRSS can use to aggregate.

Before trying to do so: Did anyone already write such a script?

Anyone?

Return to “Feature requests”