Individual user templates

Request new functionality here
pcause
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master

Individual user templates

Postby pcause » 11 Nov 2013, 17:01

I let a couple of other folks use my ttrss instance and one issue that has come up is that for a couple of the cases we want to use different templates. The templates code doesn't allow for this. It would be nice to have something like sub-directories in the templates directory, named with a user name, and if a template existed in that sub-directory it would override the default found in the templates directory.

vilain
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Re: Individual user templates

Postby vilain » 11 Nov 2013, 19:17

I don't understand this.

If you have two separate tt-rss users, user1 and user2 and you create separate templates user1-template.txt and user2-template.txt in the templates directory, how is that not working? Why do you want a subdirectory in the templates directory? From what I can see, the templates are global for the site, not specific to users.

pcause
Bear Rating Master
Bear Rating Master

Postby pcause » 11 Nov 2013, 20:26

One user might want to have a different email template from another user, or perhaps include the notes content in the \atom output for the published feed. These are examples where users might want different displays.

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Postby fox » 11 Nov 2013, 20:27

vilain,

You can't do that either tbf templates are currently global. I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble to add per-user templates, though, with subdirectories or not.

Return to “Feature requests”