Time Zone Setting

Request new functionality here
ajl_uk
Bear Rating Trainee
Bear Rating Trainee

Time Zone Setting

Postby ajl_uk » 13 Jul 2009, 16:01

Appologies if this is already possible and I've missed it :oops:

Due to hacking attempts I've been forced to move my TTRSS server to a free hosting service on the web, which is in a completely different time-zone to my own. Everything works fine except the time on the posts shows as the local time for the server and not the correct time for post of the feed.

I've fixed it on my installation by adding the following line to the top of update_feeds.php

Code: Select all

date_default_timezone_set('Europe/London');

It would be good to have a preference to select the time-zone required, which sets a value to be used by all update methods.

As I say, I'm sorted anyway so no real biggie for me :D (or maybe point me to where I should have changed it :lol: )

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Re: Time Zone Setting

Postby fox » 13 Jul 2009, 20:39

Yeah, that looks like a nice idea. I think this was requested sometime before.

It would be nice if you created a ticket so I wouldn't forget about it (I'm actually on vacation now).

fox
^ me reading your posts ^

Re: Time Zone Setting

Postby fox » 06 Oct 2009, 13:27

I'm having doubts about adding per-user timezone setting, at least in this way - because blindly forcing timezone before updating the feed might screw with expiration mechanics or require adding calling date_default_timezone_set() everywhere. That is, unless I'm missing something.

As an easier workaround for the time being users which are in this situation can add the call to date_default_timezone_set() in config.php which is sourced everywhere so the effect should be universal. This is not as convenient as a per-user setting, though. :(

Return to “Feature requests”